Where is Gordon Meek? ABC News jounro missing after mysterious FBI raid on his house in APRIL!
ARLINGTON, VIRGINIA: ABC News investigative journalist and producer, James Gordon Meek hasn’t been seen by his colleagues since April, after a team of FBI agents mysteriously raided his residence in Virginia. The 52-year-old journalist left his Arlington home following the raid and neighbors claim he was never seen by anyone after the incident. This was not all, the investigative producer also quit his job of nine years, stopped working on his book about Joe Biden’s withdrawal from Afghanistan, and has been missing since.
It was The Rolling Stone that first broke the story on the raid at Meek’s house on Wednesday, October 19, and claimed as per sources, that he allegedly possessed classified documents on his computer. The raid raises many questions about the way they treat journalists, or whoever tries to bring forth the truth or wrongdoings in the system. FBI has refused to comment on what led to the raid at Meek’s apartment as it's a matter of policy.
Eugene Gorokhov, Meek's attorney said that he is unaware of any classified documents and added that even if Meek possessed them, as a journalist investigating national security and military operations, it would be within the scope of his career. “Mr. Meek is unaware of what allegations anonymous sources are making about his possession of classified documents,” he added. “If such documents exist, as claimed, this would be within the scope of Mr. Meek’s long career as an investigative journalist covering government wrongdoing."
He further said, “Press inquiries on this issue are troubling for a different reason: they appear to be based on statements from a source inside the government. It is highly inappropriate, and illegal, for individuals in the government to leak information about an ongoing investigation.”
Meek’s last public statement was a tweet from April 27, in which he wrote, “Facts.” The tweet was a reaction to a post about the ongoing Russian invasion of Ukraine.
An ABC News spokesperson told Daily Mail that it is true that Meek had quit "abruptly" but they didn't press on details of his departure, “He resigned very abruptly and hasn’t worked for us for months.” The Department of Justice is yet to comment if an investigation into Meek is ongoing. It was around the same time as the raid was carried out at his home, that Meek also discontinued the book he was co-writing with Lt. Col. Scott Mann, a retired Green Beret.
Interestingly, a previous account of the book comprised a line on Meek being contacted by a Special Forces operator overseas. “In April, ABC News correspondent James Gordon Meek got an urgent call from a Special Forces operator serving overseas,” it read. However, the promotional text for the book has been updated, with no mention of his name, “In April, an urgent call was placed from a Special Forces operator serving overseas,” as per the report.
Meek had previously produced Hulu’s acclaimed documentary '3212 Un-redacted', based on the US military in Niger, which claimed to have exposed a cover-up by the officials. The other producer who worked on that project, Brian Epstein had suddenly left ABC earlier this year.