Is Millie Taplin OK? Mom shares horrifying video of UK teen after her drink was spiked at club
'She was completely frozen, her hands were like claws,' Millie Taplin's mother Claire said about her daughter's ordeal
A shocking video of UK teenager Millie Taplin has been doing rounds on the internet, traumatizing viewers to the core. Uploaded by her mother, Claire Taplin, the video was filmed after 18-year-old Millie's drink was spiked by a stranger at a nightclub in Southend-on-Sea, Essex. In the now-viral clip, Millie looks "possessed" with clawed hands and locked jaw, as she writhes on her bed in an incoherent state. "It's just absolutely horrendous. She looked possessed. I was numb. I was looking at her and thought, 'What the hell have they given her' because I've never seen anything like it in my life," her mother shared later.
The incident happened recently at the Moo Moo Clubrooms in Southend-on-Sea. The nightclub, which opened in 2018, has had complaints about drinks being spiked in the past as well. A February 2019 report by Essex Live lists four women who have had their drinks spiked at the venue. Claire Taplin, who works with the NHS, also shared photos of her teen daughter on social media with the caption, "This is what being spiked looks like please be careful when out, my daughter was lucky she had good friends that acted accordingly. Share this post to make people aware."
A mum is warning parents and nightclub goers after her daughter was allegedly “spiked” in a Southend venue, causing her to be rushed to hospital in this shocking state.— London & UK Crime (@CrimeLdn) August 2, 2021
18-year-old Millie Taplin was enjoying her first night out in Southend since turning
Cc @YourSouthend pic.twitter.com/xnaCaz3jey
Is Millie Taplin OK?
At present, Millie has recovered after treatment and even narrated her jarring experience at the club. "I don't ever want to go through that again. It was horrible," she said.
Millie, who recently turned 18, had gone for a night out with friends after turning the legal drinking age in UK. At the Moo Moo nightclub, she had a couple of drinks, before a man she had been interacting with offered her another. She took only a few sips from the drink before heading back to the smoking area with her friends.
"I had a couple of sips, not a lot because it was a strong drink and I don't like strong drinks! I went back out to the smoking area with my friends and went back in about 10 minutes later. That's when I started to feel a bit sick. I started to feel really hot so I told my friends I need to go outside get some fresh air," she told Your Southend, adding that she lost the ability to walk or talk within the next ten minutes.
"I was sick in the alleyway opposite and that's when I couldn't see properly, I couldn't feel my hands. I knew that I wasn't right, I was trying to speak and was stuttering and mumbling. My friends then phoned my sister and I had to be carried to the car and taken to A&E. In my head I was there but in my body I wasn't. I've never felt like that. The doctors were really supportive and trying to calm me down. I was in such a state when I arrived. I was so scared," Millie further recalled.
According to the doctors who treated her, Millie's drink was spiked with two separate drugs, one of which paralyzed her and another was to make her unconscious. Recounting her daughter's ordeal, Claire Taplin said, "As disturbing as it is, if that saves one girl, just one, then it's worth sharing. Nothing can prepare you to see that. I got there at 1:30 AM, the video shows what I was greeted with. I was just blown away. She was completely frozen, her hands were like claws."
Meanwhile, a spokesperson from the Moo Moo club stated, "The alleged drink spiked appears to have been accepted from a person known to the lady affected and whilst it was not reported to us at the time, we are assisting the police who are dealing with the matter."