Lethal Weapon's producers sued by motorist over stunt fail that allegedly caused him 'traumatic brain injury'

In a lawsuit that was filed May 7 in a Los Angeles Superior Court, two residents of County of Riverside have claimed that a stunt fail put them in harms way
PUBLISHED MAY 9, 2019

'Lethal Weapon' is in the news again and not for good reasons. In a lawsuit that has been filed against the WarnerMedia and Warner Bros that were behind the controversial show, Sandi and Sami Habbas, who are residents of County of Riverside. Sandi Habbas claimed that during the filming of the show last summer in August 2018, Sami, her husband "suffered a traumatic brain injury" when the vehicle her husband Sami was driving was ripped to "shreds" by a wire that had been strung across a street in Long Beach for a test run  for a stunt. The lawsuit was filed May 7 in a Los Angeles Superior Court. 

Lethal Weapon in hot water again (Fox)

Just before the incident, a 300-pound sandbag is said to have come through the zip line and the stunt was completed. After the traffic was allowed to resume, the plaintiffs allegedly came through but found that the "cable line was rapidly shooting down towards his vehicle" and then struck it with considerable force.  The plaintiffs also claim that the car was going at 20 miles per hour. 

"The line lifted up Habbas’ vehicle and shredded the front end of it. The force was significant enough that it damaged a light pole in the process," the lawsuit said.

"Plaintiffs were startled from the high impact collision it had with the zip line," reads the suit. It accuses the company of willful misconduct and negligence and seeks unspecified damages. "Both sustained immediate emotional distress as they were in shock from being struck by an object that came from the air that they were unaware was in existence." The suit also claimed that the two "sustained physical injuries to their bodies" and that Sandi had to be "transported by ambulance" after the paramedics arrived. 

"Plaintiffs suffered severe emotional distress, requiring constant psychological care," the suit alleges. 'Lethal Weapon's last season ended on February 26 amid a host of controversy and the green light for the next season is yet to be given.

If you have an entertainment scoop or a story for us, please reach out to us on (323) 421-7515.

 

RELATED TOPICS LETHAL WEAPON

GET THE BIGGEST ENTERTAINMENT STORIES
STRAIGHT TO YOUR INBOX.

MORE STORIES

Creator Meaghan Oppenheimer dropped the bombshell revelation ahead of the much-anticipated finale scheduled to release on Monday, February 16
51 minutes ago
Miss J drops concerning health revelations in the ‘Reality Check: Inside America’s Next Top Model’ doc and says he’s ready to set the record straight
2 hours ago
The drama intensifies in the show's fourth installment as Harper and Yasmin make decisions that change their dynamics forever
18 hours ago
The Netflix series 'Terminator Zero' was split into two timelines that took place in 1997 and 2022, but was cancelled after its debut season.
18 hours ago
Peter Claffey opens up about the rumors about Henry Cavill appearing for a cameo in a future season of 'A Knight of the Seven Kingdoms'
19 hours ago
'Bridgerton' Season 4 part 2's upcoming episodes promise shifting relationships as one fan-favourite returns to redifine the narratives.
20 hours ago
'A Knight of the Seven Kingdoms', based on the 'Dunk and Egg' novella series written by George R. R. Martin, drops some sad news for its debut season.
20 hours ago
A haunting flashback in Episode 5 of 'A Knight of the Seven Kingdoms' reveals the fall of the 'Black Dragon,' tying the story to the violent civil war that reshaped Targaryen rule.
21 hours ago
'The Hunting Party' Season 2 Episode 5 is set to feature Kelsey Grammer as cult leader and serial killer Noah Cyrus
22 hours ago
What begins as relief after the Trial of Seven in 'A Knight of the Seven Kingdoms' soon spirals into dread, altering the mood of Ashford in an instant.
22 hours ago