Las Vegas Strip mass stabbing: 2 victims identified, showgirls and tourists among 8 attacked
LAS VEGAS, NEVADA: The Clark County Coroner’s office has identified two people who died after a mass stabbing on the Las Vegas Strip on Thursday, October 6. The victims were identified as Brent Allan Hallett, 47, and Maris Mareen Digiovanni, 30, both from Las Vegas, reports 8newsnow.
As previoulsy reported by MEAWW, the attack took place at around 11.42 am when the police received reports of multiple victims on South Las Vegas Boulevard near the Wynn Las Vegas hotel. A total of eight people were attacked. Later, Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department (LVMPD) confirmed the death of two people, one who was pronounced dead at the scene, while the second victim died at University Medical Center. They also confirmed that out of the six injured, three are in critical condition.
Surveillance video from Las Vegas stabbing
LVMPD released the surveillance video of the suspect running from the scene during a news briefing where Sheriff Joseph Lombardo described the suspect as a Hispanic man in his 30s. Police said the suspect, who is in custody, used a large knife during the attack. However, "the suspect's motive is unknown." So far, the suspect's identity has not been released by the police.
4 showgirls, tourists among victims
Four of the victims were showgirls—performers known for taking photos with tourists along the Strip—according to two witnesses, reported Daily Mail. One of them, who claimed the showgirls are her employees, said the culprit had approached the showgirls, identifying himself as a chef. He attacked the group after the showgirls declined to take a picture with him, she said. While another witness, Pierre Fandrich said he "thought a girl fell from the bridge because there was a lot of blood on the ground." He said one woman ran across a bridge, one was on the ground, and another had a stab wound on her back as she tried to help the fallen woman. A bystander performed CPR until authorities arrived, he said while stating that did not see the suspect because "everything happened so fast." Tourists and locals are among the victims, Clark County Sheriff Joe Lombardo told the media.
A raw video was also shared by Fandrich, which was tweeted by reporter Brett Clarksont of Las Vegas Review-Journal, that showed one of the victims of a mass stabbing on the Las Vegas Strip taken on a stretcher by first responders.
This raw video shot by Montreal tourist Pierre Fandrich shows one of the victims of a mass stabbing on the Las Vegas Strip. Eight were stabbed. Two are dead. Three are critical. | Coverage: https://t.co/v6L29iayAt pic.twitter.com/Ve5gm2M905— Brett Clarkson (@BrettClarkson_) October 6, 2022