Trump Jr's GF Kimberly Guilfoyle was asked to leave Fox News after she showed photos of male genitals to coworkers: Reports
Kimberly Guilfoyle, who recently resigned from Fox News, was reportedly forced to quit following complaints from coworkers about her inappropriate behaviour
Kimberly Guilfoyle, the Fox News host who reportedly began dating Donald Trump Jr. in spring this year, had to quit her job at Fox News following several sexual allegations. Although Guilfoyle had earlier tweeted that she was quitting the job in order to serve America, it has been revealed that the former Fox News panelist has been under investigation by the human resources at Fox News for almost a year due to several allegations about her improper behavior.
In a report where around 21 sources from both Fox News and its parent company 21st Century Fox gave their statements regarding the misconduct, Huff Post revealed that Guilfoyle has actually been compelled to quit her job. Following her Twitter post, there were rumors that as she won't be able to participate in any campaign being a host on a news channel and that she probably had willingly stepped down in order to help her current boyfriend with the campaign. However, that is not entirely true. While all sources plead anonymity since they are not allowed to talk to the media, all of them agreed to the fact that Guilfoyle's behavior at the workplace has been quite inappropriate.
Today I have a bitter-sweet announcement. I’ve decided to leave Fox News Channel and dedicate myself full time to joining America First as Vice Chairwoman, campaigning across the country and firmly standing with President Trump. (Part 1 of 2)— Kimberly Guilfoyle (@kimguilfoyle) July 24, 2018
Although Guilfoyle was asked to quit her job by July following the two years long investigation by the human resource department, she continued to delay her exit and tried appealing to Rupert Murdoch (the executive chairman of 21st Century Fox) to let her keep her job.
Daily Beast reportedly claimed that the employees at Fox News were waging a "covert war and hostile whisper campaign" against her. However, several sources have told Huff Post that Guilfoyle's exit from Fox News was not a conspiracy but her own sexual misconducts had driven the network to impel her to resign.
Six sources told Huff Post that "Guilfoyle’s behavior included showing personal photographs of male genitalia to colleagues (and identifying whose genitals they were), regularly discussing sexual matters at work, and engaging in emotionally abusive behavior toward hair and makeup artists and support staff.”
According to the sources 21st Century Fox prefers that, when an employee's behavior is problematic to the network, he/she should immediately resign rather than being terminated by the network. The similar method was also utilized in Guilfoyle's case who was not formally sacked. She was apparently given time to find a new job so that she could announce it before quitting.
As the network had declined to comment on the story, it issued a statement mentioning: "FOX News has parted ways with Kimberly Guilfoyle.” Huff Post was threatened hours after publishing the story by Guilfoyle's attorneys from the law firm Clarke Locke LLP who claimed that the story was false and defamatory.
Her attorney, John Singer, also commented: "Any accusations of Kimberly engaging in inappropriate work-place conduct are unequivocally baseless and have been viciously made by disgruntled and self-interested employees. During her lengthy and decorated tenure with the network, Kimberly was beloved, well-respected, and supportive of anyone she ever met. It’s utterly preposterous that there are those who are nefariously and greedily twisting innocent conversations amongst close friends into much more than what it actually was for financial gain. Kimberly has happily moved onto the next chapter of her life and hopes others will do the same.”
Reportedly, Guilfoyle's assistant after Eric Bolling has been trying to part ways from her as she kept trying to find a new job so that she could resign. However, sources mentioned that the woman was eventually transferred, and was put on paid leave after she had approached an attorney to place a complaint against Guilfoyle to the network. About two years back, Lachlan Murdoch had sought to push Guilfoyle out of the network in the summer of 2016 after hearing news about her campaign to bring up support for Roger Ailes who was accused by former network host Gretchen Carlson for sexual harassment and retaliation. Apparently, Guilfoyle was Roger's protege.
Guilfoyle has reportedly approached the then Fox News host Meghan McCain telling her that the network would let her take over Perino's position on 'The Five' if she made a supporting statement in favor of Roger whose influence helped her stay at the top of the network ever since she joined in 2016. While McCain made no statement regarding the matter, it can still be seen that Guilfoyle's plan didn't really work since Perino is still one of the hosts of 'The Five'.