Kevin Spacey spotted on his first American movie set after sexual assault allegations

Kevin Spacey was reportedly seen on the sets of his upcoming movie ‘Peter Five Eight’ in Dunsmuir, California


                            Kevin Spacey spotted on his first American movie set after sexual assault allegations
Kevin Spacey attends his arraignment on sexual assault charges at Nantucket District Court in 2019. (Photo by Nicole Harnishfeger-Pool/Getty Images)

Disgraced Hollywood actor Kevin Spacey was spotted for the first time on the film set of an American movie on August 24. The actor currently has a series of sexual assault allegations against him. Reportedly, he was on the sets of his upcoming movie ‘Peter Five Eight’ that was being shot in Dunsmuir, California.

Very little is known about the film itself. The Daily Mail reported that the indie production is directed and written by Michael Zaiko Hall, who has previously been credited for visual effects work on ‘Cars 3’ and ‘Incredibles 2’. The film will also reportedly star Jet Jandreau.

READ MORE

Kevin Spacey compares Covid-19 layoffs to losing his own acting career over sex assault allegations

Kevin Spacey issues another cryptic Christmas video, asks viewers to 'kill them with kindness'

Actor Kevin Spacey attends his arraignment for sexual assault charges at Nantucket District Court on January 7, 2019, in Nantucket, Massachusetts. (Photo by Nicole Harnishfeger-Pool/Getty Images)

 

Photos of Spacey, captured by TMZ, saw the embattled actor wearing all black as he lit up a cigarette. The TMZ report also said that Spacey has been filming in the small northern California town “around the clock.” Spacey landed his first movie role since the first sexual assault allegation in 2017. ‘L'uomo che disegno Dio’, an Italian film that was shot in Italy, will release later this year in October. 

What happened to the cases against Spacey?

In an interview with BuzzFeed News on October 30, ‘Star Trek: Discovery’ actor Anthony Rapp alleged that in 1986, when he was a 14-year-old, Spacey (26 at that time) invited him over to his apartment for a party, and, at the end of the night, picked up Rapp — who was a minor at the time — placed him on his bed, and climbed on top of him, making a sexual advance.

Spacey in response to the allegation said, “I honestly do not remember the encounter, it would have been over 30 years ago. But if I did behave then as he describes, I owe him the sincerest apology for what would have been deeply inappropriate drunken behavior, and I am sorry for the feelings he describes having carried with him all these years.” He also came out as openly gay, a move that many called a 'smoke and mirrors' move, to distract from the sexual assault claims against him.

Anthony Rapp visits Build to discuss 'Star Trek: Discovery' at Build Studio on January 16, 2019, in New York City. (Photo by Dia Dipasupil/Getty Images)

 

But that was just the beginning. At least 20 other young men made sexual misconduct claims against Spacey, accusing him of inappropriate behavior while he was with the Old Vic, a renowed London theater, between 1995 and 2013. In 2018, Spacey was charged with indecent assault stemming from an alleged incident with a teenager on Nantucket Island, Massachusetts, during the summer of 2016. He pleaded not guilty, but that charge was later dropped, and the alleged victim in that case also withdrew a civil lawsuit against the actor.

As per reports, the Los Angeles District Attorney's Office declined to file charges against Spacey in two separate sexual assault allegations — the statute of limitations had run out in one case, and the alleged victim in the second case, a massage therapist who accused Spacey of groping and trying to kiss him before offering him oral sex during a massage, died. 

Last year, a man said he was 14 years old when he was sexually assaulted by Spacey in the early 1980s. He filed a lawsuit against Spacey in which he sought to maintain anonymity, identifying himself in court papers only as “C.D.” Earlier this year, the judge in the case being heard in the Southern District in New York, ordered the man’s lawyers to identify him privately to Spacey’s lawyers. Judge Lewis A Kaplan later ruled that C.D. would have to identify himself publicly if he wanted to continue on to trial.

Actor Kevin Spacey leaves Nantucket District Court after being arraigned on sexual assault charges on January 7, 2019, in Nantucket, Massachusetts. (Photo by Scott Eisen/Getty Images)

The man’s lawyers responded back in May that he would not, saying that the “sudden unwanted attention that revelation of his identity will cause is simply too much for him to bear.” They said in a letter to the court that they expect him to be removed from the case, which involved another plaintiff — Anthony Rapp — who was using his real name.

C.D. claimed that he met Mr. Spacey as a teenager in an acting class in Westchester County in the early 1980s. Spacey allegedly invited the student to his apartment when they met again a few years later and he was still a minor, and “engaged in sexual acts” with him on multiple different occasions. In their final encounter, Spacey allegedly assaulted the teenager despite his resisting and saying “no.”

If you have an entertainment scoop or a story for us, please reach out to us on (323) 421-7515