Family mourns teen who was electrocuted by 750 volt live railway line in tragic accident

Family mourns teen who was electrocuted by 750 volt live railway line in tragic accident
Roxy Phillips was pronounced dead at the scene (British Transport Police)

DORSET, ENGLAND: A devastated family is still reeling from the death of their teenage girl who was electrocuted on a railway line in Weymouth, Dorset. Fifteen-year-old Roxy Phillips was unaware the 750-volt third rail was live when she came into contact with it in the early hours of Thursday morning, March 23. 

The family members coping with the tragic loss said it was a "tragic accident they will never be able to overcome." Although the emergency services were called to the scene at around 2.25 am, it was already too late by then. 


Fiona Jane Lagan: Influencer remembered as ‘Wonder Woman’ by mother after tragic cancer death

Kaden Stevenson: Boy, 7, has both legs amputated after contracting flu and Strep A at the same time

Roxy's family pays tribute

According to Daily Mail, Roxy's family said in a poignant tribute, "We are devastated for the loss of our daughter, sister, niece, granddaughter and cousin, Roxy Phillips." They added, "Roxy was a strong willed young woman, an animal lover who loved horses especially her own horse Bradley. Roxy was loved and adored by her friends, we as a family have felt this love through the tributes and kind messages we have received. We would like to raise awareness of the dangers of the railway tracks, unknown to most that the 3rd rail is live 24 hours a day all year round. This was a tragic accident that we as a family will never be able to overcome." They concluded, "We will always love and miss you, our beautiful Roxy." 



A similar incident 

MEAWW previously reported that an eight-year-old boy reportedly died after he was found unresponsive in the flower garden of a Fiji resort last month. The boy, who hasn't been identified, died on February 9, after being found at Club Wyndham Denarau Island in Fiji, a resort official confirmed. The boy from Sydney was reportedly found unresponsive earlier that evening and rushed to Nadi hospital in capital Suva where a nurse reported his death to the authorities. The resort, which is part of the Wyndham Destinations corporation, fully cooperated with a police investigation into the incident.


"We have expressed our heartfelt condolences to the family and our thoughts remain with them at this time," a Wyndham Destinations Asia Pacific spokesperson said in a statement. "Our management team is currently conducting a thorough investigation into the incident and cooperating with the police and authorities." The boy is reportedly a New Zealand national but lived in Sydney. Fiji police said the boy may have been electrocuted in a statement to the Sydney Morning Herald. “Initial information gathered is that the child was allegedly electrocuted however the post-mortem will have to confirm that,” a police spokesperson said.

Share this article:

 Family mourns teen electrocuted by 750 volt live railway line