About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy Terms of Use Accuracy & Fairness Corrections & Clarifications Ethics Code Your Ad Choices
© MEAWW All rights reserved

WHERE'S THE FOOTAGE? Cops reveal they DID RECORD Paul Pelosi assault on body cam; David DePape charged

The man that broke into Nancy Pelosi's home and attacked her husband Paul is now facing criminal charges
UPDATED NOV 10, 2022
David Depape (L) has been charged with attacking Nancy Pelosi's husband, Paul Pelosi (R) (Screenshot/Inside, Ron Sachs/Getty Images)
David Depape (L) has been charged with attacking Nancy Pelosi's husband, Paul Pelosi (R) (Screenshot/Inside, Ron Sachs/Getty Images)

SAN FRANCISCO, CALIFORNIA: The man accused of breaking into the San Francisco home of Nancy Pelosi and beating her husband, Paul, with a hammer has been formally charged with assault. In connection with the Oct 28 burglary of the Pelosi residence, a federal grand jury on Nov 9 charged David DePape, 42, with assault and attempted kidnapping.

As more questions about the attack remained unanswered, speculation increased in recent weeks. However, the new indictment provides details about the crucial evening and DePape's alleged motives. For example, he allegedly told authorities how he wanted to detain the man so he could take a nap while he waited for the House to return. It is believed that Paul Pelosi was awakened by him early that morning. The lawsuit alleges that DePape hit the 82-year-old in the head with a hammer just seconds after police arrived, hitting him with "full force." According to the indictment, police camera footage recorded the entire encounter.


NBC News DELETES bombshell report claiming Paul Pelosi DID NOT indicate danger to cops before attack

Paul Pelosi opened door and 'calmly' greeted officers after attack, claims cops who responded to 911 call

As reported by Fox News, San Francisco investigators have declined to release bodycam footage, the 911 call, and other evidence in the case, including images from numerous surveillance cameras around the Pelosi home.

US House Speaker Nancy Pelosi and her husband Paul Pelosi arrive for a meeting with Prime Minister Boris Johnson at Downing Street on September 16, 2021 in London, England. The speaker of the United States House of Representatives is in the UK to participate in the G7 Heads of Parliament Conference this week in Chorley, England.
Paul Pelosi, husband of House Speaker Nancy Pelosi was attacked at his residence by David DePape (Leon Neal/Getty Images)

DePape was arrested and is currently being held without bail in the San Francisco County Jail. After his arrest, authorities said they found a roll of duct tape, white rope, a hammer, and a pair of rubber and cloth gloves at the scene. They also learned that he had looked up information about the Pelosi family's $8 million, four-bedroom home just two days before the alleged attack, as reported by Daily Mail. DePape now faces up to 50 years in prison. According to the indictment filed Wednesday, Nov 9, in the US District Court for the Northern District of California, Paul Pelosi called San Francisco police at about 2.23 am on Oct 28. After stating he would wait until his wife, the Speaker of the House of Representatives, returned to San Francisco, he went on to describe how a man had broken into his home looking for his wife. According to the indictment, Pelosi made it clear during the two-minute conversation that he did not know the person, although DePape told him in the background that the caller was a "friend" and was named "David"

Paul reported to police that toward the end of the call, the man asked him to "get the hell off the phone" after the dispatcher agreed to stay on the line with him. When police arrived on the scene a short time later, they observed Paul and DePape "jointly gripping a hammer." DePape reportedly said "everything is good" when a police officer inquired what was going on. After being told by an officer to "drop the hammer," he allegedly said, "Umm nope." At that point, according to the indictment, DePape grabbed Pelosi and "abruptly and forcefully" swung the hammer at the victim. The attack lasted a total of just 15 seconds, according to the indictment. When police entered the home, they saw Pelosi and DePape lying on the floor with DePape's legs wrapped around the 82-year-old. A pool of blood reportedly formed around Paul's head before officers were able to restrain DePape and call emergency services.