5 cringe-worthy moments from Meghan Markle's latest interview with Ellen DeGeneres
Meghan Markle sat down for an interview with Ellen DeGeneres on November 18. Meghan Markle, 40, surprised the audience, who had no idea that she would be a special guest on the show. “Meghan’s a great dancer,” Ellen told the audience, as the duo discussed how they enjoyed a friendship in California as neighbors.
The interview, however, began on quite an awkward note as Ellen introduced Meghan as “the Duchess of Sussex”. As she plugged her children’s book 'The Bench', Meghan could be seen letting out a giggle. In the aftermath of the show, Meghan was trolled over her acting on the show as she was filmed squatting and drinking milk from a baby bottle, among other embarrassing stunts.
Meghan Markle mocked by trolls over ill-fitting red dress at museum gala appearance
Meghan Markle called Thomas Markle 'daddy' in letter knowing it 'could be leaked'
A lot has changed since the last time Meghan, The Duchess of Sussex, was on the Warner Brothers lot. Don’t miss the rest of our interview tomorrow. pic.twitter.com/pBihJLf0um— Ellen DeGeneres (@TheEllenShow) November 17, 2021
Here are five cringe-worthy moments from Meghan Markle's latest interview with Ellen:
1. During the show, Ellen tells the audience: "When Meghan and I were talking about her doing the show, the first thing you said to me was 'I want to do one of those IFBs'." An IFB, or as an interruptible foldback, is a tiny earpiece worn by a celeb. Ellen then gives instructions to whoever is wearing it, and coming to Meghan, she asked her to touch her elbow, and then her nose, to confirm that Ellen is audible to her. Ellen then asks Meghan to do a squat. Visibly embarrassed, Meghan takes a deep breath and lunges into a low squat and the audience begins to laugh.
2. Ellen tasked Meghan with pranking street vendors on the Warner Bros. Studio lot. Meghan first targeted a crystal stall as the TV host asked her to say she has “healing powers” to the seller. Ellen asked her to do this while musing at the crystals that were on display and then asked her to hold one of the crystals against her head and chant.
3. At a hot dog vendor, the 63-year-old host asked Meghan to eat a tortilla chip “like a chipmunk”. As the audience collapsed into laughter, Meghan yelled at the vendor, as per Ellen's direction, “Mummy wants some heat!”
“My boo loves hot sauce.” Meghan Markle pranks American vendor on hidden camera. pic.twitter.com/keybI5ozM0— Mike Sington (@MikeSington) November 18, 2021
4. As per Ellen's directions, Meghan had to perform squats on the sidewalk and drink milk casually from a baby bottle from her handbag. The vendors watched in disbelief.
5. At one point, Ellen made Meghan pull two pairs of cat ears out of her purse, and tell a third vendor that she wanted to show her "what she does for her kids to entertain them".
An Ellen show is never devoid of a few embarrassing skits, and Meghan was not an exception.