Gorilla Glue Girl: Beyonce stylist offers wig to Tessica Brown as TikToker cuts ponytail after hair disaster
The disaster has forced the Louisiana mom to chop off her ponytail after dozens of hair washes and hospital treatment failed to remove the glue
A Louisiana woman who went viral on social media for a very disastrous reason has been offered help by Beyonce’s stylist. Tessica Brown - now known as ‘Gorilla Glue Girl’ - reportedly used Gorilla Glue spray to “finish off” her hairdo after she ran out of her go-to product. But it ended up being tragic because, after dozens of hair washes, she failed to remove the glue from her hair. Even superglue remover and acetone did not provide any help, The Sun reported. As a result, she has to chop off her ponytail.
Brown applied the adhesive product a month ago and has been stuck with a single hairstyle since then. She sought a hospital’s help too, but medical staff doused her with acetone to remove the glue, which left her with a burning scalp. The 40-year-old also faced a lot of trolling online. But now, Neal Farinah, Beyonce's hairstylist, has come forward to help her. "We all have our own options. Yes she made a big mistake. But we going to keep tearing her down? Let’s help her. When she leaves the hospital if she needs a wig or taking care of her scalp I’m here for her,” Farinah said.
Meanwhile, another report stated that a plastic surgeon from Los Angeles has offered to help the mother in distress. Dr Michael K Obeng has reportedly offered to de-glue her hair with a medical-grade glue dissolver, although he believes the process could take up to three days. Normally, the procedure costs a whopping amount of $12,500. Though it has been said that Brown has raised over $14,000 from GoFundMe, Dr Obeng has offered his help for free. The doctor is a Ghanaian American plastic surgeon currently practicing in Beverly Hills, California. He is affiliated with Cedars-Sinai Medical Center.
Brown has also announced that she will sue Gorilla Glue for not putting a warning label against the use of the product on the hair. The woman, who goes by the username Im_D_Ollady on the social media platform, had also warned people to not use the product in a series of videos posted on TikTok. “Hey, y’all. For those of you that know me know that my hair has been like this for about a month now. It’s not by choice. No, it’s not by choice. When I do my hair, I like to finish it off with a little Göt2b Glued Spray, you know, just to keep it in place. Well, I didn’t have any more göt2b Glued Spray, so I used this: Gorilla Glue spray. Bad, bad, bad idea. My hair, it don’t move. You hear what I’m telling you? It. Don’t. Move,” she said in one of the videos. “… So I’ma tell y’all like this: If you ever, ever run out of Göt2b Glued Spray, don’t ever use this. Unless you want your hair to be like that forever.”
On the other side, Gorilla Glue has acknowledged their mistake and posted a statement on their Twitter account. “We are aware of the situation and we are very sorry to hear about the unfortunate incident that Miss Brown experienced using our Spray Adhesive on her hair. We are glad to see in her recent video that Miss Brown has received medical treatment from her local medical facility and wish her the best. This is a unique situation because this product is not indicated for use in or on hair as it is considered permanent. Our spray adhesive states in the warning label 'do not swallow. Do not get in eyes, on skin, or on clothing,” the statement read.
We are very sorry to hear about the unfortunate incident that Miss Brown experienced using our Spray Adhesive on her hair. We are glad to see in her recent video that Miss Brown has received medical treatment from her local medical facility and wish her the best. pic.twitter.com/SoCvwxdrGc— Gorilla Glue (@GorillaGlue) February 8, 2021