Why has a warrant been issued for Alec Baldwin's phone? Actor allegedly asked for a BIGGER gun!

Detective Alexandria Hancock and her team have been granted access to Baldwin's texts, call records, contacts, photos, videos and geolocation data


                            Why has a warrant been issued for Alec Baldwin's phone? Actor allegedly asked for a BIGGER gun!
Alec Baldwin's phone is being searched by Santa Fe police in the ongoing investigation of Halyna Hutchins' death (Instagram)

The latest development in Halyna Hutchins' death case involves a search warrant issued for Alec Baldwin's phone. It is believed that the actor was in touch with the movie's armorer over emails and requested a larger gun prior to Hutchins' fatal shooting. Baldwin has denied the claims with a tweet on December 16. 

Sharing a Newsweek article with the headline "Alec Baldwin requested a larger gun before fatal shooting on 'Rust' movie set", Baldwin wrote, "This, in fact, is a lie." He further clarified, "The choices regarding any props by me for the film RUST were made weeks before production began. To suggest that any changes were made 'before fatal shooting' is a false." Earlier this month, the actor sat down with ABC's George Stephanopoulos for an interview. He broke down while stating that he didn't pull the trigger. “Well, the trigger wasn’t pulled. I didn’t pull the trigger,” he said. “No, no, no, I would never point a gun at anyone and pull the trigger at them. Never," the actor said tearfully adding that he wasn't guilty because the fatal shot wasn't from the gun he was holding. 

READ MORE

Alec Baldwin spotted 'in tears' following tragic shooting on set, fans extend support

Alec Baldwin's wife Hilaria claims he has PTSD, Internet says 'ask the woman he killed'

Why was a search warrant issued for Alec Baldwin's phone?

Santa Fe police are investigating Hutchins' death and the warrant that was issued at the request of the sheriffs gives them the authority to review all text messages, photos, as well as any stored locations on  Baldwin's iPhone. Judge David Segura approved the warrant on December 16 which was applied for after the actor and his lawyers initially denied handing over his phone without one. The application was filed by Detective Alexandria Hancock who detailed the material she was seeking from Baldwin's phone. The list includes - contacts, call records, photos, videos, and text messages. 

Shortly after the shooting, Baldwin was seen making a call to someone. Hancock who is referred to as the "affiant" in the warrant request believes "there may be evidence on the phone, due to individuals using cellular phones during and/or after the commission of crime(s)." The document further reads, "Such information, if it exists, may be material and relevant to this investigation. Affiant was also made aware there were several emails and text messages sent and received regarding the movie production 'Rust' in the course of interviews." Hancock's team now has been granted access to Baldwin's texts, call records, contacts, photos, videos and geolocation data.

If you have a news scoop or an interesting story for us, please reach out at (323) 421-7514