'Just want to go home': Alabama jihadi bride Hoda Muthana claims ISIS planning attack on detention camp

Since her detention, Muthana claims she is a victim of the terrorist organization and she didn’t send hate posts
PUBLISHED FEB 8, 2023
Hoda Muthana, 28, claims ISIS is planning fresh attacks (Screenshot from The News Movement/YouTube)
Hoda Muthana, 28, claims ISIS is planning fresh attacks (Screenshot from The News Movement/YouTube)

DAMASCUS, SYRIA: Hoda Muthana, a jihadi bride originally from Alabama, who joined ISIS in Syria, has expressed her desire to return to the US. She is accused of spreading hate against America during the peak of extremists’ power and actively called for ‘spilling the blood of Americans'. In a recent interview, the jihadi bride claimed the terrorist group is plotting an attack on the Syrian camp where she is currently detained.

The 28-year-old, who is now married to three fighters said, “ISIS keeps threatening this camp and saying that one day we will free you. And one day we will come help and attack the administration and stuff and nobody wants to be saved by them, you know. Everyone wants to go home.” Muthana adds, “It is still scary to think that ISIS could do something even inside the camp you know.”

READ MORE

ISIS bride Hoda Muthana, 28, who called for 'killing Americans' begs she be allowed to return to US

Who is Allison Fluke-Ekren? Kansas mom who led ISIS battalion in Syria gets maximum sentence of 20 years

Women kept in al-Hol and Roj camps

It is estimated that around 65,600 suspected Islamic State members and their families are detained in camps and prisons in northeastern Syria. The camp is run by US-allied Kurdish groups and includes detainees from both Syria and other nations, as per Human Rights Watch report released last month. It also alleges that women accused of association with IS and their minor children are majorly kept in the al-Hol and Roj camps. It is described as ‘life-threatening conditions,’ which houses 37,400 foreigners hailing from Europe and North America, reports DailyMail.

'Those tweets were not mine'

 Muthana, since her detention, claims that she is a victim of the terrorist organization and she didn’t send those hate posts encouraging people to carry attacks on American citizens. The decade-long war with Syria had taken the lives of over 300,000 civilians. “I never had a platform to say this, but I have always been trying to tell people that those tweets were not mine,” said Muthana. “It either gets cut out of the media or it gets kind of butchered somehow and I never get a platform. It's not fair, the person that did bring me here had a wife who I become (sic) friends with.”

Obama administration revoked her passport in January 2016, and last year in 2022, the US Supreme Court refused to hear her plea against that decision. On March 19, 2015, her alleged account shared statements appealing to followers in the US to carry attacks on national holidays and “spill all of their blood or rent a big truck n (sic) drive all over them. Kill them.”

MORE STORIES

Before his shocking arrest, Manuel Rocha served under both Democratic and Republican administrations during his 25-year diplomatic career
Dec 4, 2023
Conflicting accounts emerged regarding the authorities' awareness, prompting a demand for a $1M settlement for William Vannasap's injuries
Dec 3, 2023
Annette Pershal was shot multiple times with a pellet gun and her injuries were non-survivable, said authorities
Dec 2, 2023
Christina Riggs became the 18th woman in the US to be executed and was the youngest woman to be put to death at just 28
Dec 2, 2023
A fire, initiated posthumously, has raised suspicions as Griffiths was found shot but the autopsy showed no signs of smoke inhalation
Dec 2, 2023
As per the lawsuit, Gabby Petito's parents allege that Brian Laundrie's parents knew about their daughter's death along with the location of the crime
Dec 2, 2023
Jeremy is 5’11, weighs 245 lbs., has brown hair that is greying, green eyes and a greying beard
Dec 1, 2023
Jovannie Vega is accused of picking up the little boy and slamming him down onto the floor multiple times
Dec 1, 2023
'I feel bad for the families because I know exactly what they're going through,' said Mark Jacobo, whose son was killed in a firearm incident
Dec 1, 2023