TIT FOR TAT: Toddler, 2, sinks teeth into garden snake and kills it for biting her

TIT FOR TAT: Toddler, 2, sinks teeth into garden snake and kills it for biting her
Two year old child kills snake with 'revenge' bite (Photo: Screengrab of News 24, Matt Cardy/Getty Images)

BINGOL, TURKEY: A courageous two-year-old child killed a snake with her teeth in retaliation after it sank its fangs into her. The incident took place while the child was playing in the rear garden of her family's home in Bingol, Turkey.

ADVERTISEMENT

After the snake bit her on the lip, the enraged child used her teeth to murder the uninvited garden visitor. The infant received first aid from neighbors before being taken by ambulance to Bingol Maternity and Children's Hospital, where she was placed under 24-hour care and monitoring

ADVERTISEMENT

READ MORE

Who was Simon Currat? Colorado boy, 6, dies from RATTLESNAKE bite despite anti-venom treatment

Deaf and mute boy, 10, saved FOUR days after falling down 80ft well he shared with a SNAKE

ADVERTISEMENT

The snake apparently bit her while she was playing with it on August 10, according to The Sun. She is currently said to be healing and doing well. Mehmet Ercan, her father, was at work when the snake bit his daughter. He said, "Allah has protected her, really. Our neighbors have told me that the snake was in the hand of my child, she was playing with it and then it bit her." He continued,  "Then she has bitten the snake back as a reaction." Neighbours were reportedly horrified when they found her with the 20-inch snake clamped in her mouth.

ADVERTISEMENT

In a similar incident in England in April, an eight-year-old girl was bitten by a venomous adder when she was on a picnic with her family. To her dismay, she saw her finger "rapidly swell" because of the snake bite and she had to be rushed to the Birmingham Children's Hospital for anti-venom treatment. The incident happened after she went to poke the snake with her finger at Kinver Edge, Staffs on Saturday, April 17.

ADVERTISEMENT

But snakes are not the only "wildlife" to trouble curious toddlers. A viral video of a similar unfortunate incident shows an eight-year-old boy with a swollen face after he was stung by bees. He had made the mistake of poking their beehive. The incident took place when the child visited the countryside in the town of Zigong in the Sichuan region of southwest China. Mirror reported that the boy's mother took him to the countryside for him to play. However, the curious youngster eventually ended up poking a beehive with a stick, which caused at least three bees to sting him. His mother claims that the youngster is taking medication and is almost fully recovered now.

ADVERTISEMENT

Share this article: TIT FOR TAT: Toddler, 2, sinks teeth into garden snake and kills it for biting her