Tucker Carlson slams NYT for planning to reveal his house address 'to hurt us' and 'injure my wife and kids'
Fox News host Tucker Carlson launched a scathing attack on the New York Times after claiming the outlet was planning to run a story on him and his family where they would reveal the address of his residence.
Carlson, 51, ended his program on Monday, July 20, by announcing that, while he rarely made the story about himself, he was going to make an exception after hearing that the NYT had written a story to "injure my wife and kids" over their differences in political opinion.
"As a matter of journalism, there is no conceivable justification for a story like that," he said. "The paper is not alleging we've done anything wrong and we haven't. We pay our taxes. We like our neighbors. We've never had a dispute with anyone."
"So why is the New York Times doing a story on the location of my family's house?" he asked. "Well, you know why. To hurt us, to injure my wife and kids so that I will shut up and stop disagreeing with them. They believe in force. We've learned that."
Carlson pointed out that, the last time his address had become public, he had suffered grave consequences and shared how harassment by Antifa protesters had forced the family to move to a new home."They vandalized our home," he said. "They threatened my wife. She called 911 while hiding in the closet."
He went on to identify both the Times journalist and the accompanying photographer who had assigned to work on the report and accused the NYT of knowing "exactly what will happen to my family when it does run." He said they didn't care because they want "my show off the air."
"If one of my children gets hurt because of a story they wrote, they won't consider it collateral damage - they know it's the whole point of the exercise," he said. "To inflict pain on our family, to terrorize us, to control what we say. That's the kind of people they are."
"How they would feel if we told you where they live, if we put pictures of their homes on the air?" he opined. "What if we publicize the home address of every one of the soulless robot editors of The New York Times who assigned and manage this incitement to violence against my family?"
In a statement addressing Carlson's accusations, NYT insisted they had never planned to publish his home address. "While we do not confirm what may or may not publish in future editions, The Times has not and does not plan to expose any residence of Tucker Carlson's, which Carlson was aware of before tonight's broadcast," they said.
But Carlson claiming he hasn't done anything wrong or ever had a "dispute" with anyone was directly undercut by the news that he was the subject of a lawsuit where he was accused of sexually harassing Cathy Areu, formerly a frequent guest on the network.
Areu alleged Carlson propositioned her on the set of his show by telling her that he was staying alone in a hotel room and that, when she declined, her appearances on his show were drastically reduced. She named Carlson's fellow Fox News hosts Sean Hannity, Howard Kurtz, and Ed Henry, in her lawsuit as well.
Carlson had also lost his top writer Blake Neff last month after CNN revealed he had written a series of racist and incendiary tweets under a pseudonym. The host acknowledged Neff's comments were wrong but insisted they had nothing to do with his show.