Suspected 'deliberate' fire in National City trailers displaces 10 people
NATIONAL CITY, CALIFORNIA: A suspected deliberate fire displaced nearly a dozen in National City on Saturday morning of November 12. According reports, a car fire was reported via a call at around 4 am in the 900 block of E Division Street at a mobile home park.
According to National City Fire Captain, Jeremy Day, when fire officials arrived at the scene, the fire had already spread to a mobile home, NBC 7 reported.
The report said, one of the neighbors heard popping noises and promptly alerted others nearby. The fire had spread to a second mobile home, but firefighters were able to put it out in 15 minutes. Although there were no reported injuries, both the trailers were deemed inhabitable due to damage caused by the fire, according to Day.
Ten people had to be relocated following the incident. One cat was also rescued from the fire in the proocess, as per Fox5. An investigation into the cause of the breakout continues as officials believe the fire may have been set deliberately, the report said.
"We were asleep and what woke us up was the big explosion noise," said Manuel Cruz, a neighbor. "We just ran right away and the flames were already consuming that part of the house," he claimed. No other information regarding the incident was available.
A reporter for NBC tweeted, "10 people must find a place to stay tonight after a fire damaged two mobile homes in National City. Investigators are looking into the fire as a possible case of arson. No injuries were reported."
10 people must find a place to stay tonight after a fire damaged two mobile homes in National City. Investigators are looking into the fire as a possible case of arson. No injuries were reported. pic.twitter.com/VWbI3GZbdB— Ramon Galindo (@RamonGalindoNBC) November 12, 2022
This is a developing story and MEAWW will keep you updated.