Dilbert creator Scott Adams shares heartbreaking news of stepson's death from Fentanyl overdose
Adams became emotional as he shared with his listeners how he would be talking about Fentanyl on Periscope.
61-year-old cartoonist Scott Adams shared a very sad piece of news with his listeners on his podcast. The creator of the satirical comics Dilbert while wishing his listeners a good day, shared why his wasn't. He revealed he was mourning the death of his 18-year-old stepson who he lost to Fentanyl overdose. Adams became emotional as shared with his listeners how he would be talking about Fentanyl on Periscope. "There is a very small margin between killing your pain and killing a person," he began. He said 72,000 people died of drug overdoses in the US last year and Fentanyl was the leading cause of these deaths.
Struggling to hold back tears, Adams mentioned how a day ago a call from his ex-wife gave him the sad news. He said, he heard how: "The little boy that I raised from the age of two was dead. He died in his bed from what appears to be a fentanyl overdose." The coroners found a Fentanyl patch (size of postage stamp) on his shoulder. That may not have been the only thing to blame for his stepson's death he reveals. He suspects that Justin, his stepson, may have been trying to score some Xanax as well. Xanax, that is available for sale is mostly counterfeit nowadays and a large number of them contain doses of Fentanyl so it could have happened that Justin unknowingly ingested two doses of Fentanyl.
Wiping away tears the distraught dad explained how Justin had been battling addiction for some time now. When his stepson was 14, he had been in a serious accident and after that, his life had gone downhill. Adams says that Justin stopped making good decisions. He claims his stepson never wanted to get better from drugs and sharing his anguish with his viewers he said: "I got to watch my dead blue bloated son taken out on a stretcher in front of his mother and his biological father."
Scott Adams talks about fentanyl, Flake, Canada, and other stuff. With coffee. https://t.co/fX1dNJ66tp— Scott Adams (@ScottAdamsSays) October 1, 2018
Like Adams mentioned Fentanyl has caused a lot of deaths in America in the recent past. The casualty list includes celebrity names like rocker Tom Petty, singer Prince and rapper Lil Peep. Medically speaking Fentanyl is about 50-100 times more potent than morphine and 50 times more potent than many forms of heroin. As a result, it can be dangerous and deadly if misused.