Prince Harry ‘slammed the phone down’ when William called to complain about Meghan Markle

Prince Harry ‘slammed the phone down’ when William called to complain about Meghan Markle
Prince Harry had misbehaved with Prince William after he called to talk about accusations against Meghan Markle (Getty Images/ Roy Rochlin and Owen Humphreys)

LONDON, UK: An upcoming French documentary has claimed that Prince Harry insulted his elder brother, Prince William, when he called him about Meghan Markle’s alleged habit of bullying royal staff. Harry’s rudeness hurt the Duke of Cambridge so much that he "jumped in a car towards Kensington Palace, where he was going to confront Prince Harry”.

The docuseries is an investigative one, called ‘Red Line: William and Harry, the enemy brothers’, which is expected to be aired on BFM TV on August 31 — the 25th death anniversary of Lady Diana. It will reportedly feature emails containing accusations against the Duchess of Sussex. Besides, the upcoming show says that the “bullied” employees after leaving the job made a WhatsApp group called “The Sussex Survivors' Club”. The show’s narrative adds, “During 2018 there was indeed a spate of resignations among Meghan Markle's team. Former members have even set up an informal group that they called between them, the Sussex Survivors' Club. Some of them still remain traumatised.”

ADVERTISEMENT

ALSO READ

Prince Harry reportedly told Prince William that 'Kate could be friendlier to Meghan' claims new book

Heartwarming old video resurfaces of Prince Harry’s reaction when he sees Kate Middleton walking down the aisle

It also claims “the behaviour of Meghan for being at the heart of the break-up between William and Harry.” The Daily Mail has reported that ‘Red Line: William and Harry, the enemy brothers’ alleges that “the Duchess seems intent on always having someone as a target.” It refers to one staff member as “Y” and states, “She's bullying Y, and seeking to undermine her confidence. We have had report after report from people who have been witnessing this unacceptable behaviour towards Y.”

ADVERTISEMENT

Prince William, Duke of Cambridge (left) and Prince Harry, Duke of Sussex arrive for the unveiling of a statue they commissioned of their mother Diana, Princess of Wales, in the Sunken Garden at Kensington Palace, on what would have been her 60th birthday on July 1, 2021 in London, England. Today would have been the 60th birthday of Princess Diana, who died in 1997. At a ceremony here today, her sons Prince William and Prince Harry, the Duke of Cambridge and the Duke of Sussex respectively, will unveil a statue in her memory. (Photo by Yui Mok - WPA Pool/Getty Images)
Prince William, Duke of Cambridge (left) and Prince Harry, Duke of Sussex arrive for the unveiling of a statue they commissioned of their mother Diana, Princess of Wales, in the Sunken Garden at Kensington Palace, on what would have been her 60th birthday on July 1, 2021 in London, England. Today would have been the 60th birthday of Princess Diana, who died in 1997. At a ceremony here today, her sons Prince William and Prince Harry, the Duke of Cambridge and the Duke of Sussex respectively, will unveil a statue in her memory. (Photo by Yui Mok - WPA Pool/Getty Images)

A 2018 email Jason Knauf, former communications secretary to the Sussexes, sent to Simon Case, the Duke of Cambridge's ex-private secretary, reportedly shown in the documentary notes, “I am very concerned that the Duchess had been bullying and harassing two personal assistants, to the extent that she provoked their resignation during the course of the last year.”

Royal author Pierrick Geais has also been featured in the series as he said, “William, who already didn't like his sister-in-law very much, became furious. He called Harry directly, and Harry slammed the phone down. Harry didn't want to know anything, and so William jumped in a car towards Kensington Palace, where he was going to confront Prince Harry.”

ADVERTISEMENT

Meghan Markle is seen ahead of her visit with Prince Harry to the iconic Titanic Belfast during their trip to Northern Ireland on March 23, 2018 in Belfast, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom. (Photo by Charles McQuillan/Getty Images)
Meghan Markle is seen ahead of her visit with Prince Harry to the iconic Titanic Belfast during their trip to Northern Ireland on March 23, 2018 in Belfast, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom. (Photo by Charles McQuillan/Getty Images)

Valentine Low, The Times' royal correspondent, has also apparently added in the docuseries, “There was a person who was so terrified by a conversation she was about to have with Meghan that she said, 'I feel sick'. Some of these young women have been broken.”

ADVERTISEMENT

Prince Harry, Duke of Sussex and Meghan, Duchess of Sussex attend the Commonwealth Day Service 2020 on March 09, 2020 in London, England. (Photo by Gareth Cattermole/Getty Images)
Prince Harry, Duke of Sussex and Meghan, Duchess of Sussex attend the Commonwealth Day Service 2020 on March 09, 2020 in London, England. (Photo by Gareth Cattermole/Getty Images)

Earlier in 2021, Harry and Meghan had addressed the accusations against her by royal employees. Their legal advisers said, “Let’s just call this what it is — a calculated smear campaign based on misleading and harmful information,” before adding, “The duchess is saddened by this latest attack on her character, particularly as someone who has been the target of bullying herself and is deeply committed to supporting those who have experienced pain and trauma. She is determined to continue her work building compassion around the world and will keep striving to set an example for doing what is right and doing what is good.”

ADVERTISEMENT

Share this article: Prince Harry ‘slammed the phone down’ when William called to complain about Meghan Markle