About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy Terms of Use Accuracy & Fairness Corrections & Clarifications Ethics Code Your Ad Choices
© MEAWW All rights reserved

Newborn baby left unconscious after nasty drop on beach responds to CPR after hair-raising 25 MINUTES

Famous Bondi Beach lifeguard Anthony Carroll from the ‘Bondi Rescue’ show was seen looking absolutely devastated with bloodshot eyes as he aided rescue officers
(Representational Image)
(Representational Image)

SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA: In a horrific accident, a newborn baby was dropped at Sydney’s Bondi Beach. The nasty fall knocked the child unconscious and has put him in critical condition. The six-week-old child was dropped at the beach’s parking lot where the lifeguards were the first to respond and perform CPR to keep the child breathing. However, it took an anxiety-filled 25 minutes of additional CPR by paramedics who arrived at the scene before the child finally woke up and began crying. It has been reported that the baby will undergo extensive neurological tests at the Sydney Children’s Hospital.

The baby boy and his family had come to the beach to celebrate New Year's Day when he accidentally fell from the arms of the family member carrying him. This was around 7.10 pm in the evening. The scene quickly became chaotic as a flurry of people descended, trying to save the baby. Multiple ambulances and a rescue helicopter were brought to the scene. The Campbell Parade was also closed by the New South Wales Highway Patrol while the treatment was underway.


Man plummets 50ft down waterfall while attempting to take a selfie

Woman falls to death while posing for photo at cliffside as she goes celebrating end of lockdown

The police made sure to take the effort to hide the scene of the emergency treatment from onlookers, with red sheets held on either side of the child while CPR was underway. The child was also treated for head injuries. Famous Bondi Beach lifeguard Anthony Carroll from the ‘Bondi Rescue’ show was seen looking absolutely devastated with bloodshot eyes as he aided the rescue officers.

There was also another man who had his head in his hands in disbelief before he carefully strapped on a front facing baby harness to his body. The paramedics had administered CPR for approximately 25 minutes to save the child, when he finally began to gain colour again and cried.

He was then carefully put onto a stretcher by the paramedics and was wheeled into the back of an ambulance. The child is now undergoing a battery of neurological tests at the Sydney Children’s hospital at Randwick, where his progress will be closely monitored. Daily Mail reports that the child is in a critical condition, but is stable.

This incident had taken place at the crowded Bondi Beach, which saw huge crowds of approximately 200,000 people flock to the famous beach in Sydney to ring in the New Year, despite undesirable temperatures. There was also a significant surge in the crowd numbers at some point as well, which called for police assistance for crowd control.