10-year-old fighting for her life after she tried to kill herself on her birthday following months of bullying about her weight

10-year-old Lilly-Jo attempted to kill herself by swallowing pills after one of her peers at the Witton Middle School would not stop bullying her.

                            10-year-old fighting for her life after she tried to kill herself on her birthday following months of bullying about her weight

A British mother has shared some heartbreaking pictures of her daughter on a hospital bed on the pre-teen's 10th birthday after she attempted suicide over the relentless bullying she faced at school. 27-year-old Jess Brown, of Worcestershire, said she feared for her daughter, Lilly-Jo's life and slammed the school for not taking appropriate action despite filing numerous complaints.

According to the Daily Mail, Brown said she had to fight to convince her daughter to attend class at the Witton Middle School in Droitwich each day and that she had spoken to teachers every single day for 12 weeks to try to resolve the situation. But this past Monday, the mother realized something was seriously wrong.

After confronting her daughter, Lilly-Jo admitted to consuming some pills and had to be rushed to the A&E at the Worcestershire Royal Hospital for treatment. "I thought my daughter was going to die. I am disgusted my daughter is being bullied yet nothing is being done about it," Brown said.

"Nobody seems to want to help at all. We will not be sending her back to the school, it's not worth the risk," she continued. "The doctor said if we had left her two more weeks, she would be dead. I'm not going to bury my child," adding how she 'never expected her daughter to be in the hospital on her 10th birthday after a suicide attempt" and that it was "heartbreaking."

After school authorities refused to take action, Lilly-Jo spoke out about the bullying she faced on a daily basis in a tearjerking 10-minute video that was shared on Brown's Facebook page. "There is this kid at school who is bullying me since I have been at Witton," she can be heard saying. "It has been getting worse and worse she pulled my hair in PE and stamped on my foot, I was crying and she went off laughing."

"Then she was staring at me in the changing rooms and calling me fat," she continues. "She saw me eating two crumpets, a drink and a turkey baguette, that was all I had. I'm scared she's going to call me fat." 

Lilly-Jo also spoke out about how the school was of little help. "Every time I try to tell the school, I told the deputy headteacher on Wednesday morning, we were spending all morning, until 12.35pm, having a meeting to get the truth out of her but she denied it all," she said. "She has sent text messages to my friend and now they are not speaking to me – they have a picture of me falling off a yellow bench and I was crying. She said that if I don't move school she will carry on bullying me until I get angry," adding, "I don't want to kill myself.".

Brown said in a last-ditch attempt for justice, she confronted the parents of the girl who was bullying her daughter but that they just laughed her off. "The day after Lilly overdosed I went round to the parents of the girl who has bullied her and showed them the pictures of her in hospital," she explained to the Mail. "I wanted to show them the impact of their daughter's words but they just laughed at me and swore at me."

The headteacher of the school, Cath Crossley, denied that the school had not taken appropriate measures against the allegations and insisted that the school "takes all allegations of bullying extremely seriously, this includes racist, homophobic, gender-based or bullying related to disabilities."

"We were made aware of these bullying allegations and took immediate action, following the relevant school policies and procedures," she said. "Face-to-face meetings were organized with myself, the deputy headteacher and our chair of Governors with the families involved and the families have also been working with our support worker."

The 10-year-old is currently in a stable condition in Worcestershire Royal Hospital and is being counseled by mental health experts.