Alert mother rescues her children from toy car moments before it bursts into flames

Michelle Kline explained that she, along with her family, were spending time outside their North Andover home on Tuesday when the incident took place


                            Alert mother rescues her children from toy car moments before it bursts into flames

A certain mom from Massachusetts considers herself to be extremely grateful for her children's safety after the toy car that her children were riding in suddenly malfunctioned and later burst into flames earlier this week. Michelle Kline explained that she, along with her family, were spending time outside their North Andover home on Tuesday when the incident took place. As she was watched her kids — three-year-old Quincy and 16-month-old Nellie — playing with their new SporTrax toy jee, she was horrified to see smoke emerging from the tiny vehicle.

“The car stops, it wasn’t going anymore. I was trying to help my son turn it around, it just stopped working,” Michelle told People magazine. “Immediately, I smelled something electrical burning. There was some smoke coming out of the hood, so I ran up to them and unbuckled them and pulled them out.”

Less than a minute after the children were pulled away from the toy car, it just caught fire and burst into flames. “Things were popping and getting crazy,” Michelle added, saying that she called the local fire department and it was the authorities who ultimately put out the flames.

“If I hadn’t been right there, if I hadn’t been very focused and paying attention, it could’ve been really bad,” the mom of three told the publication. “It was so scary. It’s crazy how fast bad things happen.”

Just one day after the incident took place, Michelle shared the video of the toy car in flames on her social media account, prompting comments from social media users everywhere. Along with her husband Nick, Michelle also contacted officials with the website where they purchased the car, Big Toys Green Country. She said that the couple got a full refund of $589, and the administrators were extremely apologetic about what had happened. 

The toy, which is no longer visible on the website, was retailed by Rolling Hills Trading Inc. whose officials only told the couple that they are aware of the incident. However, they did not comment on the same. Michelle said that she believed the toy to be safe, and before the terrible incident, her children had played with the toy car at least four times.

 “You don’t spend that much money and expect the thing to set on fire,” she said. “When it was happening, [my 4-year-old Lucy] was upset then. There were some tears. It was definitely a very scary situation. I think we’re still processing it.”

The two kids were also seen smiling and laughing in a video which was taken before the accident. “It’s been hard getting answers about why this happened,” Michelle said, adding that she never expected the video to gain so much attention. “I put it up on my Instagram … it snowballed pretty quickly. If there’s something out there that’s dangerous for kids, we’re more than happy to share the video. It was important to get this out there. It’s been a real eye-opener.”