Madeleine McCann suspect Christian Brueckner rushed to hospital with broken ribs after he was attacked in prison
According to his lawyer, Friedrich Fulscher, Brueckner was hurt by officials and would be filing charges as the court insisted that he had 'fallen over'
The prime suspect in the Madeleine McCann case, Christian Brueckner, was in need of hospital treatment after he claimed that he had been attacked inside a German court cell. Brueckner, a 43-year-old pedophile from Germany, was treated for two broken ribs on Sunday, November 15, after he said that he had been attacked while awaiting a parole hearing. According to his lawyer, Friedrich Fulscher, Brueckner was hurt by officials and would be filing charges as the court insisted that he had "fallen over", The Sun reveals.
The authorities were believed to have been called to the court in order to deal with the incident while Brueckner was taken to a closeby hospital for treatment. A spokesperson for the court shared, "The exact sequence of events is now the subject of investigation." "Against this background, we cannot comment on the details," the spokesperson added. Brueckner was named by authorities in June as the prime suspect in Madeleine's missing case. Madeleine had gone missing at the age of 3 when she was on a vacation with her parents at a Portuguese resort in May 2007 and has not been seen since.
Brueckner was driven from prison in Kiel around two hours south to Braunschweig court where he had appeared for a parole hearing in his first public appearance where he was seen in a white face mask. He was driven to the back of the court and was flanked by two officers before being escorted into the building.
According to a source at the court, "The hearing was to decide on whether he can have parole for the drugs case. Technically he can be freed in early January as he has served his time but the prosecution is opposing it because of the outstanding Madeleine McCann investigation." A leaked memo revealed that cops have “no evidence, just speculation” that Brueckner had kidnapped the toddler. Officers from Portugal said that their German counterparts have no solid proof to claim that the convicted rapist was behind Madeleine’s disappearance.
The Sun reports that an unidentified officer of the Policia Judiciaria has said, “There is no evidence, just speculation. When reading the German case I was shocked. I never thought that the BKA would investigate so badly. It is not a serious and objective investigation, but only just to keep the suspect in prison at all costs. The meeting was to get the point of the situation, the BKA wants to investigate the other two cases of possible sexual harassment so that the suspect does not leave prison until the end of the year and they will drop the suspect."
We had earlier reported that Manfred Seyferth, a former partner in crime of Brueckner, had got candid about the accused. Seyferth revealed that Brueckner had been nicknamed "The Climber" as he was very good at breaking into holiday apartments. Seyferth also described Brueckner as an "evil psychopath" and said that he is "capable of taking a small child", The Sun reported. Seyferth believes that convicted pedophile Brueckner is indeed guilty of kidnapping Madeleine in Portugal. Seyferth revealed that he knew that Brueckner had been robbing holidaymakers in the Portuguese resort the same year as Madeleine's disappearance.