About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy Terms of Use Accuracy & Fairness Corrections & Clarifications Ethics Code Your Ad Choices
© MEAWW All rights reserved

Kaylee Goncalves' dad Steve says he expected Bryan Kohberger to look 'much bigger and more of a monster'

Bryan Kohberger was extradited to Idaho on January 4 after being taken into custody in Pennsylvania on December 30
Kaylee Goncalves's father, Steve Goncalves, said Bryan Kohberger 'looked like a normal guy' (Kaylee Goncalves/Facebook, Washington State University)
Kaylee Goncalves's father, Steve Goncalves, said Bryan Kohberger 'looked like a normal guy' (Kaylee Goncalves/Facebook, Washington State University)

This article is based on sources and MEAWW cannot verify this information independently

MOSCOW, IDAHO: Bryan Christopher Kohberger, the prime suspect in the University of Idaho quadruple murders, was taken into custody in Pennsylvania on December 30, 2022. After being extradited, Kohberger is currently standing trial in Idaho for the alleged November 13 murders of Xana Kernodle, Ethan Chapin, Madison Mogen, and Kaylee Goncalves. The PhD student's arrest has prompted questions about his motivation behind the gruesome killings.

Recently, Kaylee Goncalves's father, Steve Goncalves, reflected on the suspect's appearance and said he expected the killer to be "much bigger and more of a monster." Goncalves told News Nation, "No, I thought he would be much bigger and more of a monster, ya know, obviously have those key looks of somebody who could not get along with girls, and this was like his only option or something," as reported by Fox News.


'Bryan Kohberger killed 4 in under 10 minutes': Internet shares shocking timeline of Idaho murders

Bryan Kohberger: Idaho suspect's family hide their faces with masks and hoodies as they arrive at court

"He just looked like a normal guy that would not stand out in any room or any party," he added. "Just by the looks of him, you would not know he had that going through his head." Steve Gonaclaves's comments came after authorities disclosed the sealed affidavit as the suspect made his first Idaho court appearance on January 5.

The first timeline of Kaylee and Madison's final hours 

Around 1.40 in the morning, Goncalves and Mogen were seen on camera at the nearby Grub Truck, and before that, they were seen in Corner Club. According to police, they subsequently used a personal driver to get home and arrived around 1.45. Police did not consider the person who drove them home or a man seen on surveillance film at the Grub Truck as suspects. This was the last known public appearance of both girls.

The timeline as per the affidavit 

Authorities had earlier asserted that they thought the four students were killed on November 13 between three and four in the morning. However, they now believe all four students were murdered between 4 and 4.25 am. The affidavit that was made public on January 5 has shortened the one-hour window to 25 minutes. Phone records indicate Kernodle was using TikTok at 4.12 am, which suggests that she was still awake and alive, MEAWW reported earlier.

Kohberger's arrest 

Kohberger was taken into custody following a SWAT raid at his parents' Albrightsville, Pennsylvania residence on Friday morning, December 30. Police seized a white Hyundai Elantra that matched the vehicle captured on the house's security camera at the time of the murders. Kohberger, a PhD candidate, completed his first semester of the criminal justice program at Washington State University last month. The university is about 10 miles from the University of Idaho in Pullman, Washington.

Kohberger's trial after extradition

Kohberger was detained in the Latah County Jail on January 4 following his extradition from Pennsylvania that evening. He appeared in court for the first time in Idaho on January 5 and did not enter a plea. Kohberger's request for bail was also turned down. He will remain behind bars until his next court date on January 12.

Jason LaBar, Kohberger's public defender in Pennsylvania, stated that the 28-year-old was "eager to be exonerated." Meanwhile, a judge has issued a gag order in the case. Latah County Magistrate Judge Megan Marshall has ruled that neither the detectives nor the lawyers on either side are permitted to publicly discuss the ongoing case, as reported by MEAWW.