About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy Terms of Use Accuracy & Fairness Corrections & Clarifications Ethics Code Your Ad Choices
© MEAWW All rights reserved

Hero mom fights off pedophile who broke into 12-yr-old daughter's bedroom in middle of the night

The 54-year-old suspect, Lloyd Alan Beard, broke into the home of the woman where her 12-year-old daughter and 16-year-old son live with her
Lloyd Alan Beard is a Level 3 sex offender registered through Yavapai County (Yavapai County Sheriff's Office)
Lloyd Alan Beard is a Level 3 sex offender registered through Yavapai County (Yavapai County Sheriff's Office)

PAULDEN, ARIZONA : A registered sex offender was reportedly arrested early Wednesday morning, August 17, after he allegedly broke into a Yavapai County home and started touching a preteen as she was asleep in her bed.

The suspect, Lloyd Alan Beard, 54, of Prescott, is a Level 3 sex offender registered through Yavapai County. Yavapai County sheriff’s deputies responded to a trespassing in progress at about 3 am at an address near Little Ranch Road and State Route 89 in Paulden. According to the sheriff’s office, the suspect broke into the home of a woman where her 12-year-old daughter and 16-year-old son live with her. Beard reportedly made his way to the girl's bed as she slept.


Bui Van Phu: Sex offender, 55, arrested for attempted murder after he PUNCHED diner outside restaurant

How US pedophile hunters tipped off Australian police to sick bestiality and sex den where 19 puppies were rescued

The sheriff's office noted how the girl reported the suspect touched her face before she somehow managed to wake up her mother, who proceeded to physically remove the man from the home. Beard refused to leave the property as he was confronted by the mother in the yard, where he reportedly exposed himself and threatened to "drop" her. Officials said Beard fled the scene moments after, with the woman and her teen son chasing him down the road. Responding deputies found Beard lying on the ground with his pants down and with minor injuries from his struggle with the woman, who hasn't been identified. The suspect received medical treatment at a hospital before he was taken into custody, the sheriff's office said.


Authorities revealed that Beard is a level 3 sex offender who registered with the Yavapai County Sheriff's Office just last week. He had a prior offense in Colorado for "invasion of privacy for sexual gratification." According to the Yavapai County Sheriff's Office offender registry, Beard has also been convicted of a sex offense in Arizona. He reportedly lives near the address where the break-in occurred, per the registry. That said, Beard is now facing charges including but not limited to aggravated assault, the second-degree offense of burglary, the first-degree offense of criminal trespass, indecent exposure, voyeurism, and disorderly conduct. Jail records suggest he was being held at the sheriff’s office detention center’s infirmary as of Wednesday evening. "The quick action of the mother saved not only her daughter from further trauma but managed to help take a dangerous predator off the streets," officials said, Fox 10 Phoenix reported.


THE GREAT PORTLAND EXODUS: Families flee city as it descends into playground for addicts and criminals

HONEYMOON KILLER Bradley Dawson confessed to killing Christe Chen, only to later claim she was ALIVE when he left

MEAWW previously reported how a pedophile died after seemingly consuming poison in court as he was convicted of his crimes. Edward LeClair, who was found guilty of child sexual assault, drank a cloudy liquid in front of the judge. The 57-year-old man, who was free on bond until the verdict on August 11, was on trial for five counts of sexual abuse. According to WFAA, LeClair started drinking the liquid as his verdict was read out by Judge Lee Gabriel in the 16th District Court in Denton, Texas. LeClair’s defense attorney Mike Howard said, "Shortly after entering the holdover cell, he started vomiting, and emergency services were called." Preliminary records from the Tarrant County Medical Examiner's office mentioned that the convicted offender was pronounced dead at the Medical City Denton hospital at 3.21 pm on August 11.