Baby crushed to death in front of mom as man falling from 17th story lands on stroller
The five-month-old baby and the man both died in the tragic incident
A toddler died after a man fell from the 17th floor of a building and landed on the baby’s pram. The tragic incident reportedly happened in the south-western city of Voronezh of Russia on Thursday, February 4, and caught on CCTV, The Sun reported. As per the surveillance video, a woman was seen leaving an apartment with the child inside the stroller. The mother then turned towards the street and started walking along the pavement while the baby was in the pram. However, when she moved towards her left to cross a road while pushing the pram, a man unexpectedly fell from above and partially landed over the baby.
As the shocking turn of events unfolded, the baby was thrown out of the stroller. The CCTV showed the devastated mother running towards the tot while the man was seen lying unconscious on the road. The scene reportedly became very distressed after the man’s fall as the mother was continuously crying while holding the baby and crying for help. You can watch the disturbing video here.
People at the scene soon called an ambulance and the police. Despite all the efforts of the paramedics, the baby couldn't be saved. The man also died at the scene. Witnesses said that the traumatized mother was injected with sedatives several times after the incident. It has also been said that the toddler was the woman’s first child. "The man who fell upon the pram died. The 5-month-old baby, who was inside the pram, died in the ambulance,” a police source said. The names of the people involved in the tragedy have not been disclosed while detectives are investigating the case.
In another shocking incident that took place in December 2020, a baby girl was left to fight for her life after her cot caught fire from a heater her mother left on all night in her room. The little one, who has been identified as Anna, was reportedly found with her head in flames by her mother Viktoria around 4 am on Wednesday, December 16, in the city of Zaporizhia, Ukraine. The victim was soon rushed to the hospital, where she was provided with treatment for severe burns to her head and acute carbon monoxide poisoning.
The mother told reporters she woke up and ran to look for her daughter after she heard her crying. "I woke up and rushed to Anna after hearing her crying. The pillow under her head was burning. I snatched her out of the fire and called emergency services," she added. Zlata Nekrasova, a charity volunteer who assisted the family, reportedly said, “The girl received serious burns to her face and head. She suffered from acute carbon monoxide intoxication and is undergoing oxygen therapy." According to reports, the parents have shifted the tot from her room after finding mildew on the wall. Viktoria said, “We wanted Anna to sleep in the kitchen until we removed mildew from our bedroom. We left the heater on to keep her warm.” Meanwhile, doctors stated that the baby now would require several skin grafting surgeries and long-term rehabilitation.