About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy Terms of Use Accuracy & Fairness Corrections & Clarifications Ethics Code Your Ad Choices
© MEAWW All rights reserved

Amina-Faye Johnson: 8-week-old infant dies with 60 broken bones, evil parents jailed

Amina-Faye Johnson's post mortem reports revealed multiple fractures and even a small brain hemorrhage
The parents, Naomi Johnson, 23, and Benjamin O'Shea, 26, had called 999 on April 26, 2019, saying that their baby was found unresponsive (Photo via Inner London Crown Court)
The parents, Naomi Johnson, 23, and Benjamin O'Shea, 26, had called 999 on April 26, 2019, saying that their baby was found unresponsive (Photo via Inner London Crown Court)

Eight-week-old Amina-Faye Johnson was found dead by her parents at her Southwark home in South London. The parents, Naomi Johnson, 23, and Benjamin O'Shea, 26, had called 999 on April 26, 2019, saying that their baby was found unresponsive. Paramedics who arrived at the scene put in their best efforts to save the infant. Amina was pronounced dead at the scene shortly after.

The baby's death had been listed as Sudden Unexplained Death along with Johnson and O'Shea claiming that the infant had died because of manhandling by the paramedics. Post mortem reports, however, revealed a different result. According to the result, Amina had suffered over 60 fractured bones, which included 41 injuries to her ribs and 24 fractures on her limb bones. The infant had even suffered a small brain hemorrhage. 


Who is David Pastrnak's girlfriend Rebecca Rohlson? Bruins star announces death of newborn son

Elsa Sanchez: NYC mom, 21, charged with shaking her 1-year-old baby to death

Doctors and police officers were shocked by the terrifying amount of injuries that the two-month-old baby had sustained. The couple has been found guilty of causing or allowing a child to suffer serious physical harm and of cruelty to a person under the age of 16. The latter conviction is related to a second child. Naomi Johnson has been handed seven years and two months in jail while Benjamin O'Shea was sentenced to eight years and eight months in jail. The pair remain jailed at the Inner London Crown Court. 

A criminal probe was launched to further investigate the infant's death. According to O'Shea, the child was allegedly fine when he had taken her for a routine visit to the GP. He reported that Amina had woken up grumpy the next morning and he had noticed that her arms were floppy. He also claimed to have given the infant paracetamol. However, the investigation into Amina's death revealed that some of her injuries were recent while some had already healed, indicating that she had been subjected to multiple episodes of violence in her very short lifespan of only two months. 

O'Shea and Johnson had blamed the paramedics for the girl's injuries after they came to know about it. Even further probing into the case revealed that O'Shea had made multiple calls to the NHS 111 between 2016 and 2019 over his self-diagnosed PTSD and aggression issues. It was also revealed that O'Shea who also had often claimed that he had been in the military and boasted about his veteran status, had actually only been a reservist for a couple of years. Text messages exchanged between Johnson and O'Shea further confirmed the fact that they both had repeatedly abused the second child who cannot be named in order to maintain anonymity. 

Mom Naomi Johnson later admitted to slapping and feeding the kids nothing apart from water on many occasions while O'Shea said that he often struggled to keep his cool if the kids knocked a drink over. 

Detective Inspector Melanie Pressley, who led the investigation said: “This is a truly heart-breaking case that has touched all of us who have worked on bringing Johnson and O’Shea before the court for their monstrous crimes. The cruelty and callousness with which the pair discussed the treatment of the other child, in this case, is shocking. Children depend on adults and the children in this case were sorely betrayed by Johnson and O’Shea in the most tragic of ways. In eight weeks of life, Amina suffered an unimaginable number of injuries. The trauma she endured in her short life is impossible to comprehend, her injuries are a catalogue of the most despicable abuse. Equally incomprehensible is how an adult can inflict such cruelty on defenseless, innocent children. Throughout our investigation, we have been unable to establish how the baby died and Johnson and O’Shea have been steadfast in their refusal to answer our questions. They have sought to protect themselves in a way they clearly did not for the two children in this case.”