DL Hughley reveals Covid-19 diagnosis after collapsing during show, gets slammed for endangering lives for money

The comedian was appearing at the Zanies Nashville Comedy Club where he collapsed on the stage during the middle of his set

                            DL Hughley reveals Covid-19 diagnosis after collapsing during show, gets slammed for endangering lives for money
(Getty Images)

Actor and comedian DL Hughley posted a video on Saturday night (June 20) on his Twitter and gave his fans and followers an update on his health. He had passed out while performing on stage, in the middle of his set, on Friday night. "When I came I was being treated for extreme exhaustion and dehydration but t it turns out they ran a battery of tests and I also tested positive for COVID-19. I was what they call asymptomatic. I still don't have a fever. I didn't have a loss of smell or taste. I am going back to my hotel room to quarantine for 14 days," said Hughley while thanking his fans for their thoughts and prayers, in a video message on Twitter. 

Shortly after his update, people started bashing him for doing a show in the middle of a pandemic at the Zanies Nashville Comedy Club. "So. DL Hughley was doing a comedy show last night..in an enclosed space...with a crowd of people...passed out..and reveals today that he discovered he has coronavirus. ...am I getting this chain of events correct?" read a tweet. While another tweet read, "We are in a pandemic and his a** had no right to be doing any comedy show. People are making dangerous moves for money. #DL Hughley".

"DL Hughley was reckless for money. Just like Trump!!!!!" wrote another. The 57-year-old comedian was making an appearance at the comedy club when he paused during the set. He then began leaning on his stool and that is when his staff sensed some trouble. Before they could rush to his aid, Hughley continued to collapse and hit the floor. He was then rushed from the stage to his dressing room by his staff while the announcer instructed everyone in the audience to, "Stay calm. We've got it all under control," according to Deadline. A Hughley representative had told TMZ at the time that the comedian was “suffering from exhaustion after all the week’s work and travel, and was kept overnight at the hospital for tests under doctor’s orders. He is awake and feeling better, and wishes to thank everyone for the very kind prayer and thoughts.”

If you have a news scoop or an interesting story for us, please reach out at (323) 421-7514