Three children killed in fire after mother left them locked inside their house to go visit a friend

The children were unable to escape the fire and were found near the front door as 36-year-old Natalia Vorobyeva had locked them in the house


                            Three children killed in fire after mother left them locked inside their house to go visit a friend

Three young boys lost their lives in a house fire after they were locked inside by their mum while she went to visit a friend.

An investigation into the incident, which occurred in the village of Stary Buyan in the Samara region of south-western Russia, found the body of Danil Vorobyev lying on top of the twins Sasha and Denis, Daily Mail reports.

Fireman Aleksandr Mordvov had previously saved children Danil (right) and the twins Sasha and Denis from a fire (Komsomolskaya Pravda) 
Fireman Aleksandr Mordvov had previously saved children Danil (right) and the twins Sasha and Denis from a fire (Komsomolskaya Pravda

36-year-old Natalia Vorobyeva had left her children locked in the house, rendering them helpless and unable to escape the fire. Officials believe the fire must have been started by a faulty boiler.

According to investigators, six-year-old Danil had tried to save his younger three-year-old brothers by using his body as a shield to protect them from the raging flames.

They also believe that the boys had tried to escape the fire after their bodies were found near the front door which was locked from outside.

The body of Danil Vorobyev was found lying on top of the twins Sasha and Denis in the ruins of the house (pictured) in the Samara region of south-western Russia (Komsomolskaya Pravda) 
The body of Danil Vorobyev was found lying on top of the twins Sasha and Denis in the ruins of the house (pictured) in the Samara region of south-western Russia (Komsomolskaya Pravda

The gas-fired boiler in the house had allegedly been malfunctioning and it is being considered as the main cause of the fire until further proof. Vorobyeva had been worried about the boiler for a while. Unfortunately, the single mother was not able to pay for the repairs.

One eyewitness said: "When the mother ran to the scene and realized that her children had burned to death, she tried to commit suicide."

The house was completely destroyed in the blaze. Investigators say the children died from smoke inhalation in a fire believed to have been caused by a faulty boiler (Komsomolskaya Pravda) 
The house was completely destroyed in the blaze. Investigators say the children died from smoke inhalation in a fire believed to have been caused by a faulty boiler (Komsomolskaya Pravda

Investigators believe the children died from smoke inhalation after the house was completely destroyed in the blaze.

According to reports, this is the second time the embattled family was struck by fire this year. Their former home, a flat in the regional capital city of Samara, caught fire earlier this year and the family was saved by firefighters, one of them being Aleksandr Mordvov (pictured above).