Who was Jacqueline Flores? California mom, 25, shot in the head in front of 6-year-old girl

Police said, 'Investigators do not believe that Jacqueline Flores was the intended target'

                            Who was Jacqueline Flores? California mom, 25, shot in the head in front of 6-year-old girl
Jacqueline Flores' six-year-old daughter was also with her in the car when she was shot (Fresno County Sheriff's office)

FRESNO, CALIFORNIA: Jacqueline Flores, 25, died three days after being shot in the head while sitting in a parked car. Allegedly, the woman's six-year-old daughter was also with her. The incident took place on Tuesday, July 27. Flores died on Friday, July 30 at Community Regional Medical Center in Fresno, California.

According to police, Flores succumbed to a gunshot wound that left her 'fighting for her life'. In a similar incident last month, Yasemin Uyar, 24, who was abducted with her toddler, was found dead in the woods. She was allegedly murdered by the boy's father. Earlier this year, in another shocking incident, mother-son duo, Maggie and Paul Murdaugh were found shot and killed on their family estate. A Massachusetts woman was found dead at 80, with her son charged with killing her and leaving her organs out as display on a welcome mat near the front door. 

Who is Neida Tijerina? Texas mom-of-4 killed during police standoff with armed husband

Who was Nichelle Thomas? NYC mom, 51, shot dead by ex-girlfriend Latisha Bell, 38, in disturbing video

Police investigating the case suspect the killing to be a case of 'mistaken identity'. According to reports, Flores was sitting in a parked car near Kearney Boulevard and Thorne Avenue, close to the Fresno Chandler Executive Airport, on Tuesday at 10.45 pm, when bullets came whizzing at her car, narrowly missing her daughter who was in the back seat. Officers rushed to the scene and took Flores to the hospital immediately. Police said at the time, "Fortunately the child was not injured, but a bullet did enter the rear window where the child was sitting." Flores was reported to be in 'grave condition' on Thursday, July 29, and she succumbed to her injuries the next day.

According to reports, the city's ShotSpotter detection system reported a seven-round activation at the intersection. Police said, "Investigators do not believe that she (Flores) was the intended target. This senseless act of violence may have been a case of mistaken identity." Flores's cousin, Odalis Tepec, told KSEE, "To me, she was like a big sister. Every time I needed someone to talk to, she was always there. It was hard to believe … It felt like it could have been a dream, like, we just had to wake up. But it wasn't." Flores' family set up a GoFundMe after her death, and it met its goal of raising $10,000.