Philip Weybourne: 'Healthy' father, 40, died of fentanyl poisoning after family lunch at Disney World Florida

A blood test done after Philip Weybourne's death suggests that he had fatal levels of fentanyl, a powerful opioid, in his system

Philip Weybourne: 'Healthy' father, 40, died of fentanyl poisoning after family lunch at Disney World Florida
Philip Weybourne was rushed to the hospital where his condition deteriorated and he died shortly after (NM News screenshot/ Facebook)
ADVERTISEMENT

ORLANDO, FLORIDA: An absolutely healthy British man died on a family trip after ingesting a fatal amount of fentanyl drug at Walt Disney World Resort in Florida. Philip Weybourne, a resident of West Malling in Kent, suddenly fell ill after going to a bar at the Yacht Club hotel in Epcot after spending a day with his wife and son.

ADVERTISEMENT

An inquest into his death, that occured in May 2020, was held at Maidstone County Hall. The court heard that the 40-year-old was rushed to the hospital where his condition deteriorated and he died shortly after. According to Mirror, a blood test after his death suggests that he had fatal levels of fentanyl, a powerful opioid, in his system which the United States Drug Enforcement Administration defines as the "single deadliest drug threat our nation has ever encountered."  

ADVERTISEMENT

READ MORE

Disney slammed for kowtowing to HOMOPHOBIC regimes in the Middle East by censoring its films

Disney World BRAWL: Viral video shows massive fight break out between families waiting in line

ADVERTISEMENT



 

In a statement read at the hearing, his wife Dorlyn Weybourne stated, "We began our holiday at Disney World, in Orlando, Florida, on May 20, 2022. On May 23, we woke up late and had no theme parks to attend on that day. It was just going to be a relaxing day, we booked a meal at the Boat House, a seafood restaurant at Disney Springs which is also home to tours in vintage amphibious automobiles." 

ADVERTISEMENT

"My son and I had been shopping and met with Philip at 1 pm at the Boat House. We had the best lunch, we drunk champagne like we did when we lived in Dubai. Afterwards we went on an amphibious car ride and to end our day we headed back to the hotel at about 5:30 pm," the statement read, as reported by The Sun

ADVERTISEMENT

Weybourne, who was the director of an international IT company, wanted to continue drinking and so he went to a bar at Epcot Resorts Boulevard after showering. Only two hours later, his wife heard a knock at her door and she was informed that her husband has been taken to a hospital. "I asked them if it was heat stroke or a heart attack," Dorlyn Weybourne said. He was admitted at AdventHealth Celebration, a small care hospital in Celebration, Florida. "When I got to the hospital I didn't see my husband. I just remember the doctor telling me his time of death, 8:06 pm," she continued, as per the outlet.

ADVERTISEMENT

According to DailyMail, assistant coroner Catherine Wood addressed the loss of the Weybourne family, saying, "I offer my sincere condolences to Mr Weybourne's family. It must have been a great shock and not something you needed to relive at the inquest. I hope you can begin to rebuild your lives."

ADVERTISEMENT

Share this article: Philip Weybourne: 'Healthy' father, 40, died of fentanyl poisoning after family lunch at Disney World Florida