Quintin Proctor: Boy, 14, slammed into wall, pinned down by school official for being defiant
If you or someone you know may be the victim of child abuse, please contact the Childhelp National Child Abuse Hotline at 1-800-4-A-Child (1-800-422-4453) or contact their live chat services.
ROUND ROCK, TEXAS: A worried mother released surveillance footage that seems to show a school official throwing a 14-year-old boy against a wall earlier this year at a school in Round Rock, Texas, reported Fox News reported. The incident took place on April 29 at GOALS Learning Center, a school for students with a primary disability of emotional disturbance.
According to the mother, Tatiana Alfano, who spoke to Fox 7 Austin, she received a call and an email from the school informing her that her son had been defiant and had fallen and hit his head. Quintin Proctor, her son, insisted that the administrator at the school actually threw him against a wall, and two weeks later, the mother was shocked to receive surveillance footage of the incident from the school.
Proctor, two female teachers, and the male administrator can all be seen in the video chatting in a hallway. He claimed to have been taken into the "cool down room" after screaming at his teachers, according to Fox 7 Austin. Proctor turned to follow the two teachers as they turned to leave, but the administrator appeared to grab him and throw him against the wall. He stood up right away and repeatedly extended his arm back as if he were going to punch, but he never did. He was later led down a different hallway by the teachers. "When I hit the wall, I didn't really know what to think, like my mind just kind of went blank," he said.
The administrator is no longer on campus at GOALS Learning Center, according to a spokesperson for Round Rock Independent School District. the spokesperson, Jenny LaCoste-Caputo told Fox News Digital, "The incident was fully investigated by the district and reported to all appropriate state agencies. The staff member is currently employed by the district but is no longer on campus. He is assigned to special projects at Central Administration."
His mother Alfano claimed that she is sharing the surveillance video because other families have told her similar tales. She stated, "What happened with Quintin isn't all that unique or special or rare. It's just that we happen to have footage of it because these things are generally happening behind closed doors, so now it's grown, it's bigger. She added, "We need to do right by all the children. This shouldn't be happening."
After Alfano shared the video on social media, the school district allegedly contacted her attorney and made an offer of $10,000 to have the video removed and to sign a nondisclosure agreement. However, Alfano claims she turned down the offer. The objective, according to her, is to bring about change by redefining "abuse" and pressuring the school to make amends.