Arizona teen gets stuck in chimney while trying to sneak into home after late night out
The teenager was reportedly stuck in the chimney for nearly an hour-and-a-half before the firefighters came to her rescue.
A 17-year-old girl, who was trapped in the chimney of her friend's house in Phoenix, Arizona, was rescued by firefighters late Wednesday night. The teenager was reportedly stuck in the chimney for nearly an hour-and-a-half before the firefighters came to her rescue.
"She was panicking. She was, like, 'call 911!' She couldn't breathe," FOX10 quoted her friend Yasmeen as saying. The victim has not been identified yet by the media.
The two girls came home after a late night out, only to find the house near 19th Avenue and Baseline Road locked up. So Yasmeen’s friend decided to climb up the roof and get in the chimney to sneak into the house.
But little did she know that the idea would turn out to be a mistake. Just halfway down, she got stuck in the chimney and remained trapped for more than an hour before her rescuers could arrive.
"I didn't know it was blocked in the bottom. I never thought it was blocked on the bottom, so she went down and she started freaking out," Yasmeen told the outlet.
The firefighters set up a tripod over the chimney and pulled her out. It took them nearly 40 minutes to an hour to rescue the teenage girl. After they finally managed to free her and get her out of the chimney, she was found covered completely in soot.
The girl refused an offer from officials to be taken to hospital, added the report.
Although this was a fearful event for the young girls, their parents, especially Yasmeen’s, had not taken it positively. According to Yasmeen’s statements, her parents, who were at the cinema, returned immediately and were much displeased at the teenagers’ stunts. "They were so mad. Really mad," she said.