Alden Ehrenreich accidentally reveals there are two more Han Solo movies in the making

The actor also sets the record straight about loving the film’s original directors, Phil Lord and Chris Miller.
Alden Ehrenreich (Getty Images)
Alden Ehrenreich (Getty Images)

'Solo' movie's release is just around the corner, and actor Alden Ehrenreich who is bringing the titular Han Solo to life, can finally ease his grip on the spoilers. Well, we don't know if he can contractually do that, but he definitely seems to have let out a secret about the Han Solo film – or should we say, the Han Solo trilogy? 

During an Esquire interview, Alden revealed that he has signed a three-film deal with Lucasfilms. While discussing the fact that when you sign on for a role like Han Solo, you are offering a lot more commitment that just one film, Alden said that even Harrison Ford, the original Han Solo could not quit after just one.  

When asked just exactly how many films he has signed on for, Alden said, “Three," before adding, "I don’t know if that’s officially, uh, public. But—yeah.” While, it is exciting for us fans to know there are two more 'Solo' movies in the making, this is far from the worst spoiler Alden could have revealed. 

John Boyega (L) and Alden Ehrenreich, who will play Han Solo, on stage during Future Directors Panel at the Star Wars Celebration 2016 at ExCel on July 17, 2016 in London, England. (Photo by Ben A. Pruchnie/Getty Images for Walt Disney Studios)

Alden also spoke about the rumors that suggested that he had reservations about the film's original directors Phil Lord and Chris Miller, who were ultimately replaced by Ron Howard. The actor clarified that he, in fact, had no say in the firing, comparing his ignorance of the matter to being seated at the kids' table at the family dinner.  

“On a personal level, it felt emotional, for them to be going after we’d set out on that course together,” the 'Solo' actor elaborated.

“Because I spent a lot of time with them, and we had a really good relationship—they also cast me. But I think at that point, they were kind of on board with [the decision], too. Like, ‘This is what’s happening.’ That’s not what they said to me, but that was the vibe I got.” 


 

GET THE BIGGEST ENTERTAINMENT STORIES
STRAIGHT TO YOUR INBOX.

MORE STORIES

'Extraction 3' expands Chris Hemsworth's cast with five new stars, including Pierce Brosnan, as Netflix keeps their mysterious roles under wraps.
6 hours ago
Rory Kennedy’s follow-up documentary, releasing on August 19, places Boeing whistleblowers at the center of its investigation.
10 hours ago
Robert Downey Jr. is putting a familiar suit back on, but not for the movie people may think of
19 hours ago
'Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales,' which was released in 2017, was the last film in the franchise
20 hours ago
Benjamin Bratt sheds light on the storyline of ‘Coco 2’ featuring an unlikely team-up.
2 days ago
Experiment 624 enters Disney’s sequel as Chris Sanders returns to direct a new story for Lilo and Stitch.
2 days ago
Disney has confirmed ‘Zootopia 3’, and Judy and Nick are returning for another adventure. Here’s everything we know about the threequel so far
2 days ago
Ryan Gosling and Shawn Levy arrive at the D23 Expo to talk about their upcoming venture, ‘Star Wars: Starfighter’.
2 days ago
Violet and Dash take the lead as the Parr family prepares to face a threat stronger than all the Supers combined.
2 days ago
The D23 preview shows Teagan Croft and Kathryn Hahn in character as filming continues in Spain under director Michael Gracey
2 days ago