Where is Mark Ebenhoch now? Kevin Spacey accuser outraged after actor bags comeback role in Italian movie

Ebenhoch said the actor playing the role of a cop who investigates a man wrongfully accused of sexually abusing children was 'absurd'


                            Where is Mark Ebenhoch now? Kevin Spacey accuser outraged after actor bags comeback role in Italian movie
Kevin Spacey has landed his first movie role in five years (Getty Images)

Kevin Spacey has landed a role in an Italian film - his first since he was accused of sexual assault by multiple men. The news of Spacey's casting was confirmed to Variety by Louis Nero, the producer of 'L’uomo Che Disegnò Dio' (The Man who Drew God'). The film is reportedly low-budget and independent and Spacey will have a cameo. In the film, the actor will play the role of a cop who investigates the case of a man wrongfully accused of sexually abusing children. The film will see Franco Nero as the lead character.

This will be Spacey's first role in five years after the actor stepped away from the entertainment industry after sexual assault allegations were made by multiple men. 

RELATED ARTICLES

What is Kevin Spacey's net worth? ‘House of Cards’ cancelation could have cost star up to $6.5M

Kevin Spacey comeback film 'The Man Who Drew God': Release date, how to live stream, cast, all you need to know 

Who is Mark Ebenhoch?

However, the development has not gone down well with his accusers, with one of them finding the role "absurd" given what Spacey has been accused of. Mark Ebenhock had accused Spacey of soliciting young male crew members on the sets of the 1995 film 'Outbreak' to ask him to have sex with Spacey. However, Ebenhoch did not take his claims to the police or even file a lawsuit.

Speaking of Spacey landing the role, Ebenhock said, "What the hell!" before he went on to explain that he found Spacey's casting "absurd."

Actor Kevin Spacey leaves Nantucket District Court after being arraigned on sexual assault charges on January 7, 2019 in Nantucket, Massachusetts. (Getty Images)

Ebenhoch also explained that he was still waiting for Spacey to apologize in public and take full responsibility for his actions. Ebenhoch also hoped that the producers who give Spacey projects in the future will ensure that his alleged harassment of young men is a thing of the past.  

He also advised the crew of the Italian movie to keep an eye out for Spacey and his actions.

Actor Kevin Spacey (L) attends his arraignment on sexual assault charges with his lawyer Alan Jackson at Nantucket District Court on January 7, 2019 in Nantucket, Massachusetts. (Getty Images)

The actor been sued over the alleged sexual assaults, but he has dodged criminal charges, with a case against him in Massachusetts being dismissed in 2019, and the LA County DA refusing to prosecute since the alleged victim died.

The allegations began with actor Anthony Rapp, who opened up to Buzzfeed about how he was approached by Spacey when he was all of 14. Since then, many have opened up about how the actor sexually harassed them or assaulted them. London’s Old Vic Theatre set up a hotline in November 2017 to investigate Spacey who served as their artistic director between 2004 and 2015.

This hotline led to 20 allegations of “a range of inappropriate behavior,” and all of them concerning young men over the age of 18. After this, almost everyone in Hollywood distanced themselves from the star including Netflix, his publicist, and his agent. He was removed from the show 'House of Cards' which streamed on Netflix. He was also recast entirely in the movie 'All the Money in the World'.

If you have an entertainment scoop or a story for us, please reach out to us on (323) 421-7515