Viral video shows Chuck E Cheese customers being evacuated in Superior as wildfire rages

Large flames can be seen only yards away from the Chuck E Cheese in the viral footage


                            Viral video shows Chuck E Cheese customers being evacuated in Superior as wildfire rages
Customers were swiftly evacuated from a Chuck E. Cheese in Superior, Colorado. (Photo by @SoFarFletched/Twitter)

Customers were swiftly evacuated from a Chuck E Cheese in Superior, Colorado when a wind-fueled wildfire erupted in the neighbourhood. The situation changed in a matter of minutes, according to Jason Fletcher, who uploaded a video of the evacuation on Twitter. He stated his family was having a good time at the restaurant and arcade, despite the beautiful blue skies and strong gusts.

People began to notice a little amount of smoke outdoors around noon. Fletcher said they didn't think much of it at first, assuming the smoke was coming in from somewhere else. But, he claimed, there was a lot of smoke within minutes. "Then my wife noticed the flames, and that's when she called out to everybody," said Fletcher, who was visiting family in town from California. Large flames can be seen only yards away from the Chuck E Cheese in the footage he provided.

RELATED ARTICLES

Superior town evacuated due to deadly Colorado wildfires driven by winds over 100 mph

Did 2020 shatter records for most number of disasters in US? Weather calamities caused $95 billion in damages

People can be seen racing through arcade machines, yelling for others and carrying little children as they make their way to the exit. "Everybody was just gathering their kids and making sure they were safe,"  Fletcher added. Because of the severe gusts, he claimed it took several individuals to get the building doors open to flee. He went on to say that they were "lucky" to have masks because the smoke outside was so thick as they got to their vehicles.



 

Fire trucks had arrived by the time they departed and were directing people out of the retail complex and assisting them in avoiding the flames. Fletcher and his family were able to flee the building unharmed. High winds sparked grass fires around the Front Range, particularly in Boulder County, northwest of Denver, prompted Colorado Gov Jared Polis to proclaim a state of emergency on Thursday, Dec 30, according to the Independent. Residents in Louisville and Superior, where the Chuck E Cheese is located, were advised to leave due to the flames. Winds in the region hit 110 mph, according to officials. According to a UCHealth representative, at least six people were being treated for burns and injuries as a result of the fires.



 

 


.

Disclaimer : This is based on sources and we have been unable to verify this information independently.