Trump set to declassify files showing coronavirus leaked from Wuhan lab linked to Chinese army: Report
The White House released a strong statement on Monday warning China, with hints of further action
President Donald Trump may be about to declassify shocking secret intelligence about the origins of the COVID-19 pandemic, with sensitive information linking the outbreak to a Wuhan research lab. As one of his last acts as commander-in-chief, Trump could release the bombshell information that would tie the origin of the outbreak to the Chinese research facility, sources have claimed.
According to The Sun, the British government strongly believes the US State Department could reveal evidence that the deadly contagion had escaped from the lab and that researchers were connected to the Chinese army. The White House released a strong statement on Monday warning China.
“In May, the Administration demanded answers from Beijing about the origins of the virus and accused the World Health Organization of enabling a cover-up by deferring to the CCP," the statement read in part. "Just as China ignored its international obligations under the Sino-British Joint Declaration, it continues to do so with the International Health Regulations."
"The United States was the first major country with the courage and conviction to candidly acknowledge the true nature of the CCP regime," it continued. "It is critical that nations around the world demand accountability from Beijing. The world cannot continue to pay heavy prices for its naiveté and complicity in Beijing’s irresponsible and harmful practices – whether it is ending the rule of law in Hong Kong or not cooperating with health officials on the pandemic. The United States is examining further options to respond," the statement added.
One diplomatic source reportedly told The Sun that the US had "stopped short of this so far but anything could happen in the coming days and the origin of the virus is top of their list.” Meanwhile, a British government insider added there had been “increasing chatter” that President Trump and Secretary of State Mike Pompeo were about to unleash devastating allegations against the Chinese Communist Party over its handling of the outbreak in late 2019.
When prodded on the subject, British Prime Minister Boris Johnson's government said today that it was committed to a full-scale probe into the origin of the virus in China. It also called on Beijing to be transparent and allow the investigation to begin as soon as possible. “We’ve been clear on the investigation and on our desire for it to commence and answer the questions that are still outstanding," the British PM’s official spokesperson said in a statement. “Investigators are now due to arrive in China and as we’ve said throughout it’s important that their investigation is able to commence without delay and we want it to make sure it is open and transparent and scientifically rigorous.”
Meanwhile, British Foreign Secretary Dominic Raab launched yet another attack on China by imposing new restrictions on businesses designed to stop them from profiting off of the CCP regime's "barbaric" treatment of Uyghur Muslims in Xinjiang province. Addressing the British Parliament, Raab noted the litany of abuses committed against the minority Muslim population -- which was reportedly being forced into internment camps for political re-education and forced labor. He added that torture and forced sterilization was taking place “on an industrial scale," The Sun reported.
"It is truly horrific barbarism we had hoped was lost to another era, in practice today, as we speak, in one of the leading members of the international community," the foreign secretary told MPs. "We have a moral duty to respond," he added.