'The Flash' actor Logan Williams died due to fentanyl overdose, reveals mother Marlyse
The star's mother Marlyse Williams said sharing the details would help to make a difference in the lives of other youngsters who are struggling with addiction
'The Flash' star Logan Williams died of a fentanyl overdose. Marlyse Williams, Logan's mother revealed the news on Friday, May 15. The 16-year-old actor's died early April this year and had been struggling with the addiction for three years.
According to a New York Post report, Marlyse said sharing the details would help to make a difference in other youngsters' lives struggling with addiction. "His death is not going to be in vain," the grieving mother told the site. "He’s going to help a lot of people down the road." She also added she discovered Logan using marijuana when he was 13 and then moved on to harsh and hard drugs.
As per the CDC, Fentanyl is a synthetic opioid pain reliever that produces similar effects to heroin. Marlyse said she had no idea when Logan began using this drug. She also explained her son was in a state of "complete denial because he was so ashamed." The teen star had been living in a group home after a month's time in a facility in British Columbia in 2019. "I did everything humanly possible — everything a mother could do. I did everything but handcuff him to me to try to keep him safe," Marlyse said.
"I thought this little obsession would end soon and he’ll move onto something else like kids often do,” she opined.
The news of his addiction was kept under wraps as the family did not want to jeopardize his acting career. "We didn’t want people to know because of the judgment, because of the embarrassment, because of the criticism," she explained. "We wanted it to go away." Marlyse hoped that by telling his tragic story to the world, she "hopes to "create a legacy out of this tragedy."
The actor received heartfelt tributes from 'The Flash' fans after his death. Grant Gustin who plays Barry Allen/The Flash on the superhit Arrowverse had shared an image with Williams on Instagram on April 4 and praised him for his talent and his professionalism on the sets.
He captioned the image saying: "Just hearing the devastating news that Logan Williams has passed away suddenly. This picture was early in the filming of The Flash pilot episode back in 2014. I was so impressed by not only Logan’s talent but his professionalism on set. My thoughts and prayers will be with him and his family during what is I’m sure an unimaginably difficult time for them. Please keep Logan and his family in your thoughts and prayers during what has been a strange and trying time for us all. Sending love to everyone."