Two teens drugged and gang-raped in park by 10 men who groomed them on Snapchat: Police

Authorities believe the girls came across one of the attackers on Snapchat, before meeting up with the group in a park in Brisbane


                            Two teens drugged and gang-raped in park by 10 men who groomed them on Snapchat: Police
(Getty Images)

Two teenage girls were allegedly drugged and gang-raped in a park by 10 men who reportedly groomed the victims on Snapchat. Four of the perpetrators have been charged so far. Police revealed how the suspects, who have not been identified, were charged with 160 offenses in total after the alleged sex attack on two 15-year-old victims in a park in Brisbane. The four men are each facing 40 offenses with 16 counts of rape in total, 9News reported.

According to the report, up to 10 men drugged and raped the girls in Calamvale District Park and threatened them with a broken glass bottle. Authorities believe the girls came across one of the attackers on Snapchat, before meeting up with the group in the park on December 28, 2020. The four men were charged on Saturday, Queensland Police confirmed. "Police have charged four men following ongoing investigations into the alleged rape of two teenage girls in Calamvale last year," they announced on Twitter.

According to the report, the four men are aged 19, 20, 21, and 22, but cannot be named for legal reasons. According to ABC, the charges include multiple counts of rape, assault with intent to commit rape, and indecent treatment of a child. The victims have also alleged that indecent photographs were taken. Investigations are still ongoing and more men are expected to be apprehended and charged in the coming days, according to Queensland Police Commissioner Katarina Carroll. 9News reported how the 19-year-old suspect was refused bail after an appearance at Brisbane Magistrates Court today.

"They were aware of their age," police prosecutor Senior Constable Min Hu told the court, per the report. "They seduced them with alcohol and drugs and raped them."

"The victims told the offenders to stop several times," Hue added, according to ABC. "The victim said to him, 'You don't have to do this'."

According to the prosecutor, each rape occurred for about "10 to 15 minutes" and the alleged offenses were "extreme" and "serious" in nature. Hue said the 19-year-old purportedly told one of the girls: "Sorry if we hurt you." Bianca Van Heerden, a lawyer representing the 19-year-old suspect, said her client did not deny knowing the two girls but "strongly denies any involvement" in the crimes. "He will strongly contest the charges," she said.

"This is an absolutely sickening, sickening incident. And something those young girls will have to live with for the rest of their lives," Commissioner Carroll told reporters. "I expect that more perpetrators will be held to account as a result of that offense." She added: "All I can say, it was just horrific, to think what has occurred with two young girls, with a number of men, an extraordinary amount of offenses, there will be more people charged I am confident over the next few days."

According to ABC, the 22-year-old and 21-year-old suspects had their cases briefly mentioned in Richlands Magistrates Court on Monday. Meanwhile, the fourth accused, 20, is remanded in custody before a court appearance scheduled later this month.

If you have a news scoop or an interesting story for us, please reach out at (323) 421-7514