Author Stephen King reveals why Trump blocked him on Twitter
King added that he blocked the President on Twitter too and also went a step ahead to block "creepy" Vice President Mike Pence
Author Stephen King finally revealed why he was blocked by President Donald Trump on popular micro-blogging site Twitter while speaking with talk show host Stephen Colbert on Wednesday night.
The 70-year-old was reportedly on Colbert's show to discuss his latest novel "The Outsider" when the host asked King about his reaction to a federal judge's ruling that the Republican president was violating the First Amendment by blocking his critics on Twitter.
King told Colbert, "Now we’ve got a president who blocked me on Twitter. So my question is: Do I really want to follow that guy?" he asked. "I don’t think so."
The host then asked the author whether he knows why the US President blocked him on the social media site.
King said, "I might have said he had his head somewhere. A certain yoga position would be necessary to get it there. And that was it, man. That was it."
King added that, in response to Trump's actions, he blocked the President on Twitter too and also went a step ahead to block Vice President Mike Pence who he called "creepy."
Kings said, "There's something about Mike Pence that’s creepy."
"And I think it has something to do with the hair. The hair doesn’t look like it has strands. It’s just there. He’s like the mean doctor on a soap opera, the one who sells drugs, you know, or has a prostitution ring from Bulgaria or something. He has that look," the author added.
King is a sharp critic of the President and used to comment frequently on the Republican's tweets.
A New York federal judge on Wednesday said that President Donald Trump is violating the First Amendment by blocking critics on Twitter for political speech.
Judge Naomi Reice Buchwald in Manhattan issued the written decision Wednesday. Buchwald, in her ruling, said that no government official, including the president of the country, is above the nation's laws.
Reports state that the case was brought to court by the Knight First Amendment Institute at Columbia University in July, along with seven other individuals who were blocked by President Trump after criticizing him.
The judge, after a hearing earlier this year, had suggested that the President should mute rather than block some of his critics, according to reports.