Hours after posting selfie on Snapchat, woman is brutally dismembered as Tinder date goes wrong

Aubrey Trail and his girlfriend initially confessed to accidentally killing the young woman but later denied any involvement

                            Hours after posting selfie on Snapchat, woman is brutally dismembered as Tinder date goes wrong
(Source:Getty Images)

Tinder is used my millions around the world to find someone for the night and have a good time. Unfortunately for one woman, the date went horribly wrong. 24-year-old Sydney Loofe had posted a selfie on Snapchat with a caption that said: "Ready for my date". Her body was then discovered brutally dismembered in what is believed to be a sexual fantasy that did not end well. Loofe was killed only hours after she posted the selfie, The Sun reported.

The young woman's body was found in a field near Edgar, Nebraska. The suspects, 51-year-old Aubrey Trail and his 23-year-old girlfriend Bailey Boswell, allegedly baited Loofe into the date and then killed her after a possible sexual encounter did not go as planned.

Loofe, who is from Lincoln, went on a date with Boswell on November 15, 2017 after the two of them matched on the dating app. Loofe's mother reported that she was missing when she found out that her daughter had not gone in to work the following day.

A massive search started and her sister, Susie, even appealed for any information on her whereabouts on Facebook. She wrote in the post: "We’ve been trying to contact our daughter, Sydney, since Wednesday evening, 11/15/17. She went on a date that night and could have possibly been in the Wilber, NE area. Her phone is either turned off or has died, so please don’t try to contact her. If anyone has any information or has seen her since then, please contact us. Please pray for her safe return." 

The authorities were able to trace the young woman's cell phone to a location that was 40 miles away from the apartment she stayed in. It was after this that they announced Trail and Boswell as "persons of interest" in the case.

Loofe's remains were discovered one month later. Court documents have claimed that Trail had confessed to the authorities that he had strangled the young woman with an extension cord the night that she and Boswell went on their Tinder date. Boswell, who lived with Trail, helped him dismember Loofe's body after she died, according to his confession.

The Saline County Court heard that the two murderers were caught on CCTV cameras buying tools on the same night that Loofe was murdered. The authorities believe that the pair used these tools to dismember the young woman's body. Investigators have said that the two of them were seen at a Home Depot buying the tools while Loofe, who was a cashier, was at work. The young woman was found out to be from Nebraska.

On June 12, Trail and Boswell appeared in the Saline County Court so that they could face charges of first-degree murder and the improper disposal of human skeletal remains. The two of them were arrested only a few weeks after Loofe disappeared. After the arrests, however, Trail told a few news outlets that Loofe's death was an accident.

When he was interviewed by the Omaha World-Herald in February 2018, Trail said that Loofe had allegedly been a willing participant in a sexual fantasy that he had of himself and two other women. He also claimed that his girlfriend, Boswell, was pretty high on drugs at the time in a different room when he suffocated Loofe by accident while they were in the middle of sexual intercourse. Trail also added that there had been something around Loofe's neck at the time.

He told one media outlet: "It wasn't supposed to go to the extreme it went, of course not. It wasn't meant that she was to die." Trail then added that he deserved to die because of what he had done but then, one month after he had confessed to the crime, he and Boswell posted a video online that claimed they had nothing to do with Loofe's death.

The duo were very quickly named as persons of interest in the case and were arrested sometime in late November. They were arrested in Branson, Missouri, and booked on fraud charges that were not related to Loofe's murder. Since the time of their arrest, they have been held in the Saline County Jail. 

The charges relating to Loofe's death against Trail and Boswell were announced only on June 11. The authorities are yet to present a clear motive for the murder. The Nebraska Attorney General's Office, the ones who are prosecuting the case, has said that it is considering seeking the death penalty for Trail and Boswell.