About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy Terms of Use Accuracy & Fairness Corrections & Clarifications Ethics Code Your Ad Choices
© MEAWW All rights reserved

Who is Sina Estavi? Bridge Oracle CEO drops $2.9 million for NFT of Jack Dorsey’s first tweet

Estavi 'bought' Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey's first tweet in the form of a non-fungible token (NFT) using the cryptocurrency Ether
UPDATED MAR 23, 2021
Jack Dorsey (Getty Images) and Sina Estavi (Sina Estavi via Twitter)
Jack Dorsey (Getty Images) and Sina Estavi (Sina Estavi via Twitter)

How much is a tweet worth? According to Sina Estavi, a few million. The businessman just dropped $2.9 million to purchase a non-fungible token (NFT) of Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey's first tweet. That may seem like a lot, but it's about the par for major NFTs these days.

Estavi used the cryptocurrency Ether (ETH) to pay for the tweet, which was being auctioned by the platform Valuables. Dorsey's historic first tweet "just setting up my twttr" was made on March 21, 2006. As a Bitcoin enthusiast, Dorsey decided to sell the NFT on March 5 this year, with the money going towards people impacted by COVID-19 in Africa. Within minutes of the announcement, bids were already in for as high as $88,000, but Estavi swept the competition away with his multi-million dollar offer of about 1630.5825601 ETH. 


Who is Alex Ramírez-Mallis? Brooklyn artist sells FART audio clips for nearly $200 as NFT cryptocurrency

What is Mike Winkelmann aka Beeple's net worth? Inside fortune and family as crypto art sells for $69.3 million

Dorsey received 95% of that offer, while the platform took the other 5%. Dorsey announced that he was donating $2.787million-worth of Bitcoin to Give Directly's Africa fund. NFTs work on the blockchain, similar to cryptocurrencies like bitcoin, and serve as digital certificates of authenticity for everything from art to memes. Dorsey’s tweet itself will continue to live on Twitter, Valuables has said, adding that the digital certificate is signed using cryptography and includes the tweet’s metadata such as when the tweet was posted.

But who exactly is Estavi, and how did he become rich enough to drop $2.9 million on a tweet? 

Sina Estavi (Bridge Oracle)

Who is Estavi?

There's very little we know about Estavi. He is the CEO of Bridge Oracle, a Malaysian blockchain company that claims to be the "first ever public Oracle system on TRON Network". Estavi does have a presence on LinkedIn, Twitter and Instagram, but it seems to be largely promotional in nature. We do not know where he is from, where he studied or even how he ended up at Bridge Oracle.

Judging by his Instagram and LinkedIn profiles, Estavi seems to be from the Middle East. All the posts on his Instagram account are in Arabic, and he occasionally uses Arabic when engaging with others on LinkedIn. Every post of his are strictly business in which he talks about crypto and bitcoin. Nothing is known about his personal life, including dating and marital history. He does not appear to have a Facebook profile.

On the company website, Estavi is listed as 'Hakan Estavi' with a brief bio - "Hakan is one of the early investors of crypto space since 2016. Now, he is operating as CEO at Bridge Oracle." 

When news of his purchase was made public, Estavi tweeted, "This is not just a tweet! I think years later people will realize the true value of this tweet, like the Mona Lisa painting"


We will update this story when we know more about the mysterious Estavi.