Ex-Navy SEAL Robert O'Neill who shot Bin Laden says he needs '9 guys' to save Americans in Kabul

Robert O'Neill said many US admirals and generals should have resigned or been removed from office over the events that unfolded in the past week
PUBLISHED AUG 22, 2021
Robert O'Neill said that many US admirals and generals should have resigned or been removed from office over the events that unfolded in the past week (Photos by Jason Merritt and John Moore/Getty Images for NFMFS)
Robert O'Neill said that many US admirals and generals should have resigned or been removed from office over the events that unfolded in the past week (Photos by Jason Merritt and John Moore/Getty Images for NFMFS)

A former Navy SEAL, who is said to have shot Al Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden, believes he could rescue Americans stuck in Kabul with just "nine guys" amid the Taliban's hostile takeover of Afghanistan.

Robert O'Neill chimed in on the Afghan fiasco during an appearance on Fox News show Primetime with Will Cain. The 45-year-old veteran said that many US admirals and generals should have resigned or been removed from office over the events that unfolded in the past week. O'Neill was a member of the elite SEAL Team Six which raided bin Laden's Abbottabad, Pakistan, den and killed the terrorist leader in 2011. The veteran later said he delivered the kill shot that took down bin Laden, but that claim was disputed by another Navy SEAL who was involved in the sensational raid. 

READ MORE

Osama Bin Laden WANTED Biden as president in 2010 letter, hoped he would ‘lead the US into crisis'

Did Joe Biden lie about the speed of the Taliban takeover? US diplomats warned of Kabul's fall in July

"I'm a big believer in the acronym KISS: Keep it simple, stupid," O'Neill told Cain. "And I was talking to another SEAL Team Six operator with whom I've served for 20 years. I'm just gonna call him Tiny. And Tiny told me the response: 'Here's how you get the Americans out. Tiny smash with hammer. And that's it,'" he said.

Displaced Afghans wait for aid handouts at a makeshift camp from the northern provinces desperately leaving their homes behind on August 10, 2021, in Kabul, Afghanistan. (Photo by Paula Bronstein /Getty Images)

O'Neill then railed against the Biden administration and questioned the legitimacy of his presidency.

"Look, I don't want to be in charge, but if I was - oh I want to get the Americans? Cool. Give me nine guys. I'm gonna walk through the streets and I'm gonna kill everyone I see, and I'm gonna grab the Americans. It is not difficult," he said. "But we have these people who are in charge that are a disgrace. I am amazed that there haven't been at least 30 generals and admirals that haven't resigned or been fired today. But we won't because we have a commander-in-chief that was put there through whatever happened at four in the morning on election night. This is nonsense. It's insulting," he added.

O'Neill said Americans "should feel gross" about how the US has dealt with the Taliban in the past few days.

"Everyone veteran, Marine, airman and navy SEAL ... coastguards ... everyone I've talked to today, all they tell me is they feel gross," O'Neill continued. "And that's how you should feel. You should feel gross. We don't ask the Taliban's permission. You know what we do? We kick their ass, that's it," he said.

U.S. President Joe Biden gestures as delivers remarks on the U.S. military’s ongoing evacuation efforts in Afghanistan from the East Room of the White House on August 20, 2021, in Washington, DC. (Photo by Anna Moneymaker/Getty Images)

MEAWW previously reported how Biden had plans to go on holiday as Kabul continued to burn, but it later emerged he canceled the trip due to mounting pressure on his administration. The commander-in-chief was scheduled to leave the White House Saturday, August 21, to visit his Delaware home as his administration faced its biggest crisis to date. It has been said that Biden worked just four days in the last fortnight since the Taliban captured their first regional capital. Only last week, he went on a long weekend break with first lady, Jill Biden.

Meanwhile, Vice President Kamala Harris also reportedly left Washington on Friday night, August 20, to visit Singapore, Vietnam, and then California. Her office has claimed she will be working on the Afghan fiasco while on tour.

MORE STORIES

Billionaire David Green-funded commercial titled 'Foot Washing' featured multiple still images of people, including a woman outside a family planning clinic, having their feet washed
Feb 12, 2024
On Sunday, January 11, 2024, Pfizer, which is a renowned pharmaceutical industry company, aired a 60-second commercial during the Super Bowl LVIII
Feb 12, 2024
People were baffled to see the new Chinese e-commerce app Temu take as many as three ad slots at Super Bowl LVIII
Feb 12, 2024
GLAAD was recognized for its stellar and pivotal work over nearly four decades
Jan 16, 2024
Get ready, America, as ZOFF sparks a taste revolution that will tantalize your palate!
Dec 29, 2023
George Santos ignited a social media storm as he criticized Rep Brandon Williams for an altercation with a former staffer that was caught on camera
Dec 4, 2023
Isla McNabb scored in the 99th percentile for her age on an IQ test
Dec 4, 2023
The Presidents of the United States of America have long brought pets to the White House
Dec 4, 2023
Phoenix Police Officer Morgan Bullis was shot at in March, 2023 while responding to a hit-and-run call
Dec 4, 2023
Goldie, the Philadelphia restaurant chain, is owned by Israeli-born chef Mike Solomonov, who was raised in Pittsburgh and has won a James Beard Award
Dec 4, 2023