Notorious "Rush Hour Prowler" arrested for sexually assaulting 14 girls is a grandfather-of-two
A businessman, who was dubbed the Rush Hour Prowler, has admitted being responsible for a string of sex attacks on women and girls as young as eight.
The notorious "Rush Hour Prowler" accused of sexually assaulting and harassing young women and girls for over a year now was unmasked as a wealthy businessman. Kevin Bond, 51, of South East London reportedly carried out attacks of sexual nature in broad daylight before scampering off. What's more? He is a father of two and has two grandchildren. The "Rush Hour Prowler" nickname came after his tendency to attack and grope his victims between 8am and 10am in the morning, or around 5pm in the evening on the streets of South East London.
The former management consultant, preyed on schoolgoing girls, as revealed in a CCTV footage procured last November, which shows him bolting after an alleged attack. He was finally detained by law enforcement authorities this January.
After his arrest, Bond admitted to at least 14 different accounts of sexual assaults, between October 2016 and November 2017. His first victim was a 13-year-old girl in Orpington.
After authorities lined up victims for identification, the former manager of Club 34 in Croydon, pleaded guilty. Bond is currently being held in custody and awaits a sentence next month.
Before his arrest, Bond and his 52-year-old wife Diane, lived in a three-bedroom house in Chislehurst, with their two children and two grandkids. The property was, however, put on the market in February and sold for nearly $1,100,000.
In a conversation with Daily Mail, Bond's 69-year-old neighbor John Thompson said: "He was arrested earlier this year, February I think. Police raided the house at 2am. My son was woken up and at first, he thought the shouting was from people drinking out in the street."
"He went to tell them to keep the noise down but when he looked out the window he saw Kevin behind led out his house in handcuffs and into a waiting police car."
"My son also said Kevin's son, who is aged about 18 or maybe a bit older, was in cuffs too. He was later released, however. We've known for a while what Kevin has done. His wife Diane put the house on the market pretty soon after his arrest but I don't know whether she's managed to sell."
Another neighbour informed: "Diane lived in the house with her daughter Lucy and her two grandsons, who were aged about three and six. I heard that they'd left on Saturday. They didn't really let many people know, just sort of left quickly and quietly."
"Nobody blames them, however, they're victims as well and have been made to suffer the consequences of his actions. Kevin had a lovely home, a lovely wife, a son and daughter plus to lovely grandsons and he's thrown it all away. Nobody will miss him, he's scum, but we do feel for his family. A lot of the neighbours rallied around them just after he was arrested."
"The two young boys would play with other kids on the road. We're quite close-knit here, everyone knows everyone and we feel betrayed by Kevin."
Law enforcement authorities at Scotland Yard said that they believe more of Bond's victims are yet to come forward, having initially attributed 26 assaults to the "Rush Hour Prowler."
The Evening Standard reported that Bond's youngest victim, an eight-year-old girl, was attacked between 8.20 am and 8.50am in Lewisham on November 13, 2017.
On September 18, the same year, the former management consultant attacked an 11-year-old girl in Herne Hill and assaulted five other 13-year-olds in Orpington, Lee, Lewisham, and Blackheath.
On September 28, he sexually assaulted a 12-year-old during the morning rush hour, and subsequently a 13-year-old in Greenwhich, in the evening rush hour.
Then, on October 5, he decided to go into overdrive where he attacked three young girls within a span of 25 minutes, attacking two women in their 20s and groping a 13-year-old girl.
According to prosecutors, Bond used violence in these offences and a 'degree of planning as they were committed at specific times of day'.
The sexual predator was ultimately nabbed in January, when a CCTV footage captured him fleeing the scene of one of the attacks, leading to his identification. On November 22 last year, law enforcement authorities released the CCTV footage in an attempt to snare him. The video showed him attacking a 15-year-old girl and fleeing the scene at around 8.30 am.
In another incident, Bond grabbed the crotch of a 13-year-old, as she was on her way to school and accompanied by her friend.
The same day, at around 9.30 am, barely ten minutes after the first assault, he attacked another woman, who was waiting for the bus on the same road, getting close and grabbing her crotch.
Leading the investigation, Detective Chief Inspector Andrew Furphy said: "We are aware that there might be further victims who have not yet spoken to police. If you are a victim, or know someone who has been a victim of a sexual assault, I can assure you your information will be treated with strict confidence and sensitivity and we can also access specialist support where needed."
District crown prosecutor at Crown Prosecution Service London South, Radhia Karaa, said: "Kevin Bond carried out a series of sexual assaults on young women including children in South East London.
"The prosecution case built against him included a range of evidence such as witness accounts and CCTV footage. I hope this conviction brings some closure to his victims."
The "Rush Hour Prowler" ultimately pleaded guilty to 11 counts of sexual assault and three charges of sexual assault on a minor under the age of 13. Bond is scheduled to be sentenced on July 9, 2018.