About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy Terms of Use Accuracy & Fairness Corrections & Clarifications Ethics Code Your Ad Choices
© MEAWW All rights reserved

'Mommy told me to give her the gun': Woman who shot dead 2 cops asked 8-yr-old daughter for weapon

Amy Anderson allegedly told the front desk to call the cops saying 'someone was following her'
UPDATED DEC 17, 2022
Sgt Steven Robin and Officer Branden Estorffe were shot dead on duty by Amy Anderson on December 14 (Mississippi Department of Public Safety/Facebook)
Sgt Steven Robin and Officer Branden Estorffe were shot dead on duty by Amy Anderson on December 14 (Mississippi Department of Public Safety/Facebook)

BAY ST LOUIS, MISSISSIPPI: An ongoing investigation into a veterinarian mother of three who shot and killed two Mississippi cops in front of her 8-year-old daughter, revealed more shocking insights on the tragic incident. Amy Anderson allegedly asked her 8-year-old daughter to hand her the gun that she used to ambush Sgt Steven Robin and officer Branden Estorffe before being killed in the crossfire.

"Momma told me to give her the gun, so I gave her the gun," the little girl told a fellow guest at the Motel 6 in Bay St Louis where the shooting took place. The unidentified little girl witnessed the cold murder and said, "Momma shot the cops and momma was shot. Her eyes are open and she is breathing a little bit," reported Daily Mail. The guests in the motel gave their own accounts leading up to Amy's death. It is now revealed, the mother of three allegedly told the front desk, she was being followed by someone before asking them to call the cops. Amy's friend also added she was going through a personal crisis, a day before her death.


Astonishing footage shows hero Kansas cops rescue woman from burning car

Idaho murders: Cops pursue new lead with gas station footage of white sedan speeding away near murder home

Amy checked into the motel at 2.35 am. Another guest who saw her in the lobby with her daughter and dog said, "she was acting normal." But within an hour Amy was packing her stuff and leaving the motel before asking the desk clerk to call the cops because "someone was following her." Another guest who was sitting outside witnessed Amy pack her stuff in her Toyota SUV. At the time Robin, 34, and Estorffe, 23, responded to the welfare check request and arrived around 3.30 am.

Their interaction lasted for around 30 minutes before Amy and her daughter headed inside the car. Her 8-year-old daughter was sitting in the front passenger seat and the driver's side door was opened. Initially, it was reported her daughter was sitting in the back when the mother pulled the trigger. "I heard her tell police that she wanted to leave. The cops told her she couldn't leave until they had finished their investigation," said the guest who overheard the conversation. The motel guest added she heard some screaming and decided to go inside the room but within seconds gunfire erupted. Another guest said he heard a woman saying, "get off me, get off me" before he heard several gunshots.

"It was eerily quiet," she told Daily Mail. She then saw a little girl walking around the SUV. She yelled out to the young girl "come over here." Amy's daughter had blood splattered over her face, arms, and legs. "Are you going to hurt me? Momma told me people are trying to kill us," the 8-year-old daughter asked the guest. After reassuring her, the girl walked toward the guest and within minutes the police swarmed the place. The guest took the girl inside her room for safekeeping but she kept asking the guest if her mother would be all right. "Is momma going to be OK," the girl asked, according to the guest.

The guest's husband after hearing the gunshot ran outside and saw Estorffe lying in a pool of blood. "I wanted to go over to the police officer and put pressure on where he was shot," the man said. But before he could render him aid another guest from the balcony above saw the commotion and yelled out to him, "Hey she is still breathing, and she has a gun in her hand." He later added that he feels guilty but he was scared Amy would have shot him too. A friend of the veterinarian said, "There was a call made Tuesday to 911 to go check on her because she had a gun and was delusional and paranoid." Amy's family was too advised by a friend to call 911. "And they did go check on her. It turns out that was the wrong decision." "So you may want to see why after they'd been asked for help by a friend and her mom, because Amy was in crisis, why they determined to leave her there with the gun and her daughter."