Desperate search for missing baby girl and her father ends after cops find her safe and well

Desperate search for missing baby girl and her father ends after cops find her safe and well
(Source : Getty Images)

Police in Southport, Queensland, were successful in tracking down a little girl and her father after the child was discovered at a residence in the vicinity.

At 8.15 am on Monday, police responded to an address on North Street, Grafton, in order to execute a Child Recovery Order issued after concerns were raised for Aria's welfare, according to a Daily Mail report.

Authorities initially suspected Aria (pictured) was traveling with her father Leroy Killiby before she was found Wednesday night. (NSW Police)


Authorities initially suspected that the child was traveling with her father, 24-year-old Leroy Killiby, before she was found on Wednesday night.

 "Police would like to thank the public and members of the media for their assistance in relation to this matter," a statement read. "Investigations are ongoing and no further information is available at this stage."

Killiby took to the NSW Police Facebook page late Wednesday afternoon to respond to "false allegations" against him that were raised in suspicion. According to him, he had already discussed with Aria's mother to have his daughter until April 9.

"False allegations have been made against myself and orders have been made without out me knowing or having the opportunity to defend Aria or myself," Killiby posted. "There was a recovery order put in place without me knowing or even told there was a mention. I was at the courthouse that day with Aria, I was lodging affidavits for the next day. Don't know how they can do this to people and now there's all this media attention. I have court in Lismore tomorrow if anyone wants to come with a good lawyer for my daughter and myself."

According to ABC, Coffs Clarence Detective Inspector Darren Jameson revealed that police were aware of Killiby's Facebook rant and appealed to him to turn himself in to the police.


Addressing reporters at a press conference in Coffs Harbor on Wednesday night, Detective Inspector Jameson said, "We're following up a number of leads including comments in social media as well as ongoing leads from the community. With the concerns that we have for his daughter and as a father, we ask that he go to the nearest police station and present himself to that police station so that we can ascertain the safety of the child and enact those Federal Law Court orders."

Share this article:

 missing baby girl father found police safe aria