About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy Terms of Use Accuracy & Fairness Corrections & Clarifications Ethics Code Your Ad Choices
© MEAWW All rights reserved

Who is Aaron Joseph Trout? Michigan man arrested for beating 2-year-old girl to death

Trout, 31, was arraigned in the 81st District Court in Harrisville and was denied bond in his first hearing
Aaron Joseph Trout of Michigan is charged with a two-year-old's murder (Michigan State Police)
Aaron Joseph Trout of Michigan is charged with a two-year-old's murder (Michigan State Police)

ALCONA COUNTY, MICHIGAN: Aaron Joseph Trout, 31, was arrested for allegedly beating a 2-year-old girl to death and then leaving her at a hospital on Friday, July 22. He is charged with one count of felony murder "committed in the perpetration of, or during an attempt to perpetrate first-degree child abuse".

The Michigan State Police (MSP) released a public statement detailing the crime. The Alpena Police Department asked for troopers to be sent after the girl was found deceased. The girl lived in Alcona County, and Aaron was arrested on Jul 25, 2022. He was arraigned in the 81st District Court in Harrisville and was denied bond in the first hearing. His next hearing is scheduled for August 3.


Who was Patrick Lyoya? SHOCKING video shows cop kneeling over Black man shoot him in the head

SHOCKING video shows 12-year-old boy armed with gun robbing Michigan gas station

Another woman was left alone with the child at the local hospital, and the police suspect it was Aaron who dropped them off and fled the scene. Alcona County Prosecutor Tom Weichel said, "According to the information given to law enforcement, the child may have died from injuries sustained several days earlier, although an autopsy will have to confirm the exact cause of death. Police believe Trout dropped off the child and a woman at the hospital on Friday." Aaron's relationship with the victims is still not clear, but it is certain that the girl was not his daughter.

The Alpena hospital did not allow any new patients because of the case, and only those on standby and staff members were allowed to enter the premises for around three hours on Friday. There were also rumors about an active shooter entering the hospital, but the police debunked them right away.

The reason for the hospital's lockdown and added safety measures prescribed to its authorities also remain unclear. Multiple law enforcement agencies were involved in apprehending Aaron, including MSP Alpena Post, MSP West Branch Post, Alcona Sheriff Office, Oscoda Township Police Department, US Forest Service, Michigan DNR conservation officers, and members of the MSP Emergency Support Team.

In his hearing on Monday morning, the accused repeatedly asked Judge Laura A Frawley to release him since he was about to begin a new job on July 27. As of now, Aaron is in prison with no access to his family members, social media, or the internet and will have to take special permission from the court if he wishes to make a phone call.


Where is Hunter Moore now? New Netflix docu lays bare sick life of 'most hated man on the Internet'

Archie Battersbee's FIGHT TO LIVE: Mom says video of her son, 12, proves he's trying to BREATHE on his own

The Michigan Law clearly states that a person who has been convicted of first-degree murder “shall be punished by imprisonment for life without eligibility for parole.” Aaron has previously been charged with substance abuse, abusive behavior, resisting and assaulting police, and not showing up for court appearances.