Michelle Carter who pushed boyfriend to kill himself will be released from prison two months early for 'good conduct'

Michelle Carter, 22, is serving a 15-month jail term. Prisoners can earn up to 10 days of good time monthly, resulting in reduction in their prison time.

                            Michelle Carter who pushed boyfriend to kill himself will be released from prison two months early for 'good conduct'
(Getty Images)

Michelle Carter, 22, who was accused of encouraging her boyfriend to take his own life will get out of jail early even though she was denied parole on September 19. 

Carter has been serving a 15-month sentence which began during her 2017 conviction of sending her boyfriend Conrad Roy text messages telling him to commit suicide in 2014. She has now got 2 months taken off her time due for 'good behavior.' 

As reported by CNN, Bristol County Sheriff's Office spokesman Jonathan Darling said Carter's release date had been moved up to March 13 from May 5. In Massachusetts, prisoners are eligible to earn 10 days monthly of good time which is a reduction in their prison sentence. 

Inmates work at the prison and also attend educational programs as part of this. Reports of Carter's early release came on the same day the State Parole Board announced that they had denied her plea for early release. 

The board shared that they were 'troubled' by her actions which saw her egging her boyfriend to kill himself and doing nothing to stop it but also preventing others from intervening.

"The [board] is troubled that Ms. Carter not only encouraged [Conrad Roy III] to take his own life, she actively prevented others from intervening in his suicide," the board wrote in its decision. “Ms. Carter’s self-serving statements and behavior, leading up to and after his suicide, appear to be irrational and lacked sincerity."

Meaww had previously reported that Conrad Roy was trying to take his own life by poisoning himself in his car with carbon monoxide. When he had second thoughts, he backed out and even stepped out of the car. But Carter texted him urging him to "get back in" the carbon monoxide-filled vehicle. Roy eventually died after inhaling poisonous fumes.

Bristol County Juvenile Court Judge Lawrence Moniz said, "She did nothing. She did not call the police or Mr. Roy's family. Finally, she did not issue a simple additional instruction: 'Get out of the truck'."

If you have a news scoop or an interesting story for us, please reach out at (323) 421-7514