Meghan Markle's dad rubbishes reports that suggested he asked his daughter for money

After the debacle of the staged press shots, Thomas is finding it hard to make people trust him, however, he insists that the father-daughter duo keeps money out of their equation.


                            Meghan Markle's dad rubbishes reports that suggested he asked his daughter for money
Meghan Markle(Source:Getty Images)

Thomas Markle is shutting down the rumors that he asked his daughter, Meghan Markle, for money on two separate occasions. Various reports started swirling in which suggested that Thomas asked Meghan for money ahead of the wedding but she refused it. However, he has now come forward and denied these claims while chatting with TMZ

According to Thomas, these rumors are "just plain bulls***". Even though media outlets are trying to push these stories, Thomas says that he gets a decent retirement fund and will never want to rely on Meghan or anyone else for money. However, he insists that if there were a need for him to ask money Meghan would happily lend him help. He further added that money was never a conversation starter for them and they choose to keep it out of topics whenever they communicate. 

Thomas became the center of attention after news broke that he had been staging photos that depicted he was learning more about the royal family. A video emerged of Thomas where he was seen setting up the computer to make it look like he was browsing the Internet to learn about Meghan and Harry's wedding. 

 

He says Meghan would help her if needed  (Photo by Chris Jackson/Chris Jackson/Getty Images)

One big question during Meghan's wedding was if Thomas would come and walk her down the aisle as it was reported that he was rushed to the hospital after experiencing chest pains. When the incident first came to light, the palace had issued a statement with regard to the situation. “This is a deeply personal moment for Ms. Markle in the days before her wedding,” said a spokesman. “She and Prince Harry ask again for understanding and respect to be extended to Mr. Markle in this difficult situation.”

Meghan later confirmed in a statement that Thomas will skip the wedding due to his health issues. “Sadly, my father will not be attending our wedding. I have always cared for my father and hope he can be given the space he needs to focus on his health,” she said in the statement. She further thanked everyone for their support during this hard time. “I would like to thank everyone who has offered generous messages of support. Please know how much Harry and I look forward to sharing our special day with you on Saturday.”

According to The Sun, ever since Thomas had heart surgery, the pair has been in contact with him and checking on his health. “Meghan and Thomas are both devastated he wasn’t able to attend the wedding and have discussed seeing each other soon," the source told the tabloid. “They have been speaking all week, mostly by text. She has been worried about him and checking how he is regularly." It is expected that the newlyweds will plan a trip to go meet Thomas.