'Masterchef' Season 10: Release date, cast, plot and everything you need to know about the newest culinary challenges
'Masterchef US' is coming back with a new season and brings with it some major changes! The Fox show that aired first in 2010 had its ninth season conclude with Gerron Hurt being declared the winner. Now, the show is back with another season to find the best cook through a series of exciting and grueling challenges, with some of the culinary industry's biggest names forming the judges' panel. Acclaimed chef and one of the most popular judges on the show, Gordon Ramsay, has reportedly said that the competition will be on "a different level" now, and we cannot wait! Here is all you need to know about season 10 of television's biggest culinary show:
Season 10 of 'Masterchef US' will premiere on Fox starting Wednesday, May 29, at 8 pm ET. It will air on Thursday nights, too, beginning Thursday, June 20 at the same time.
Award-winning chef Gordon Ramsay, acclaimed chef Aarón Sánchez and renowned restaurateur Joe Bastianich will be returning to host, mentor, and judge the competition. They will pick 20 incredible home cooks from a batch of culinary talent, who will then go on to compete for the $250,000 grand prize. Here are the 36 contenders who will fight to make it to the top 20 in season 3:
1. Brielle Gunderson - Stay-at-Home Mom
2. David Ke - Electrical Engineer
3. Fred Chang - Revenue Analyst
4. Sarah Faherty - Former Army Interrogator
5. Deanna Colon - Vocal Coach
6. Camerron Dangerfield - Product Analyst
7. Dorian Hunter - Creeler
8. Noah Sims - Septic Systems Foreman
9. Alegan Garner II - Clinical Psychologist
10. Luca Schifanella - Scientist
11. Kelly Palazzolo - Carpenter
12. Liz Linn - Events Consultant
13. Micah Yaroch - Kitchen Porter
14. Vivian Aronson - Yoga Instructor
15. Windy Ross - Child Protection Supervisor
16. Manjula Sarkar - HR Director
17. Wuta Onda - English Teacher
18. Evan Tesiny - Sales Coordinator
19. Kimberly White - Shoe Designer
20. Lydia Carlston - Model
21. Shari Mukherjee - Stay-at-Home Mom
22. Charli Spiegel - Bartender
23. Subha Ramiah - R&D Director
24. Renee Rice - Receptionist
25. Sam Haaz - Attorney
26. Michael Silverstein - Real Estate Flipper
27. Nick DiGiovanni - College Student
28. Jason Keefe - Truck Contractor
29. Jamie Hough - Fisherman
30. Anthony Rivera - Telecom Service Manager
31. Ari Goodstein - Sales Manager
32. Allen Soriano - Entrepreneur
33. Bri Baker - Cocktail Server
34. Mollie Guerra - Account Manager
35. Sabina Pincus - Software Sales
36. Keturah King - Freelance Writer
The new season will see some new and exciting challenges, as the home cooks will face a series of challenges, including cooking for a 10th-anniversary pool party, and catering a former 'Masterchef' winner's wedding reception, feeding NASCAR drivers at the Irwindale Speedway and, for the first time in the history of the show, traveling to the UK, to take over dinner service at Chef Ramsay's flagship London restaurant, Restaurant Gordon Ramsay.
"Everyone's trying to outsmart us," Ramsay said about the contestants on season 10, adding: "This competition is on a different level now." The show's executive producer will also see a change this year, with Natalka Znak, who previously worked on 'Hell's Kitchen', taking over as head showrunner.
Where to watch 'Masterchef US'?
If you miss out on the show's episodes on Fox, fret not, you can stream them on Hulu. 'Masterchef' is also available at $1.99 an episode on Amazon Prime, YouTube, iTunes, Google Play, and Vudu. You can also find the episodes on Fox's official website.
If you loved 'Masterchef', you may also like:
'The F Word'
If you have an entertainment scoop or a story for us, please reach out to us on (323) 421-7515