About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy Terms of Use Accuracy & Fairness Corrections & Clarifications Ethics Code Your Ad Choices
© MEAWW All rights reserved

22-year-old man livestreams suicide on social media after girlfriend gets engaged to another man

The 22-year-old man, identified as Shyam Sikarwar, posted the shocking clip on social media where he was seen hanging himself inside a temple.
UPDATED JUL 22, 2019

AGRA, INDIA: A man reportedly committed suicide and live-streamed the incident on Facebook after his girlfriend left him for another man and got engaged, according to reports.

The 22-year-old man, identified as Shyam Sikarwar and also known as Raj, posted the shocking clip on social media where he was seen hanging himself inside a temple in the village of Raybha near Agra, India.

Sikarwar reportedly left a four-page suicide note, in which he apologized to his family for taking the drastic step and asked them to donate his organs after his death. It is not yet known whether the 22-year-old had split up from the woman, who has not been identified, or the pair were still together at the time of her engagement, the Times of India reported.

Local residents of the village reportedly found his body inside the temple on Saturday morning after he posted the clip on Facebook. The horrific footage, which was four-minute-long, showed Sikarwar asking authorities to not take action against anyone over his death, as he said that he "miss[ed] her and can't live without her."

"I miss her and can't live without her. I can't bear the fact that she is getting married to someone else," the suicide note left behind by Sikarwar stated. "The stress of losing her has affected me so much that I lost my job."

A police spokesperson from Achhnera town in Agra, Ajay Kaushal, said: "The victim's body was found hanging inside the temple premises by local residents. During the probe, we found out that the victim was unemployed and depressed because the girl he was in love with was getting married to someone else. We have conducted the autopsy and handed over his body to his family."

Sikarwar reportedly had informed his family and friends of the live stream on Facebook and few of his friends even watched as he took his own life, the outlet reported. His Facebook profile was deactivated by his family members soon after the incident, according to reports.