About Us Contact Us Privacy Policy Terms of Use Accuracy & Fairness Corrections & Clarifications Ethics Code Your Ad Choices
© MEAWW All rights reserved

Male babysitter brutally assaults 1-year-old, presses finger into forehead because teething child wouldn't stop crying

Christopher Noble, fed up with the toddler's cries, threatened to put him in the 'bloody bathroom' before badly bruising his face and body

A 38-year-old babysitter who beat up a toddler because he would not stop crying, leaving his face in a "right mess," did not receive any jail time. 

The Manchester Crown Court heard how Christopher Noble lost his temper after the child he was babysitting would not stop crying because he was teething.

He even texted the mother of the toddler to complain about the noise.

"I am seriously fed up with this. He is going in the bloody bathroom if this carries on," the message read, Manchester Evening News reported. 

The mother told him that her child was teething and to apply Bonjela, a brand of oral treatments intended to relieve the pain of mouth ulcers and denture sores, to his gums to calm his irritable mood.

Instead, Noble replied saying that he had given the toddler painkillers. 

After that, the mother received yet another text from Noble telling her to collect her son immediately as he was in a "right mess."

When the unidentified woman picked up her son, she could not control her tears when she saw the toddler's face covered in bruises and red marks.

He was admitted to the hospital where he remained for two days.

Doctors evaluating his bruises said that the ones on the toddler's forehead were believed to have been "adult finger marks."

There was also visible bruising on his face, under the right eye, and to his shins.

England, Manchester, Crown Court Minshull. A view of the old Crown Court, near to Piccadilly train station and the city police and sessions court that it is the brown building on the right, built in the 19th.

"A medical exam revealed three marks to the right eye and forehead, which were adult finger marks. There was bruising under the right eye, small circular bruising on the left forehead," Prosecutor Verity Quaite told the court.

When Noble learned that the child had been admitted to the hospital, he dropped another text to the mother saying that he "didn't know" how the toddler ended up getting bruised, claiming he was "not a violent person."

After being arrested, he told the authorities that he did get fed up with the continuous crying but never intended to put the toddler in the bathroom. After the case went to trial, he admitted to his wrongdoing. 

Noble was sentenced to four months, suspended for two years, following his admission of assault and occasioning actual bodily harm.

He was also ordered to complete 20 rehabilitation days and be subject to an electronic curfew between 8 p.m. and 6 a.m. (local time) for two months.

"It seems to be suggested that was caused by putting pressure of your fingers onto his forehead," presiding Judge Maurice Greene said. "Clearly in a fit of temper and loss of control it is serious, it has caused unpleasant bruising to a very vulnerable young child. You were in a position of trust."

The defense attorney Thomas McKail argued that his client's behavior was "out of character" and that Noble suffered from a number of mental health issues, including borderline personality disorder and post-traumatic stress disorder. 

"There was a build-up of difficulties he was having coping with the child. He acknowledges he was struggling and matters have escalated. He speaks of having no recollection. He has expressed genuine remorse," McKail said.